Let me tell you something I feel like I was not prepared for… When you have a child and another child on the way, date nights/date days can be MUCH harder to come by. We have to make a huge effort to carve out time for each other at home or out of the house. So while I have shared date ideas in the past I want to share 7 easy date night ideas or date days if that’s how you roll too.
7 Easy Date Night Ideas
- Make dinner together: Probably one of my favorite things to do with Andrew. It helps when we both aren’t exhausted from work and wrangling a toddler. Cooking together is so fun. Put on some music and really enjoy that time together. Bonus* Take a cooking class together!
- Go to a concert in the park: Dallas has a place called The Arboretum and they have weekly concerts outdoors. You can bring a blanket, wine, food, etc and really just enjoy being outside. Look in your area to see if something similar exists.
- Explore a new restaurant/neighborhood: I had a goal on my 101 in 1001 list to try 10 new restaurants and we’ve gone well beyond that. It’s such a fun thing to do especially if you live in a city where new places are opening weekly! Another fun thing to do is try a new restaurant in a neighborhood/area you’ve never been to and explore the entire area. Maybe grab drinks or dessert somewhere else!
- Step outside your comfort zone: This can mean so many different things. Go skydiving maybe or take a trapeze class. Maybe try a new workout class together, or go on a hike. Something out of the ordinary for you both.
- Have a movie night: Nothing like a good ol fashioned movie night. Pile up the blankets and pillows, pick a few favorites, or some new movies, and pop some popcorn. Then snuggle up and watch the movies and put your phones somewhere else.
- Play board games/do a puzzle: I love to play board games, Andrew not as much. I think it’s because I always win haha! But we also love to do puzzles together. We always have so much fun working on a puzzle.
- Exercise: Go for a walk, a hike, take a workout class, go for a swim, go kayaking, paddle boarding etc. Something outdoors and active. Being active together is always a fun thing to do!
It’s so important to continually date your spouse and these ideas are some of our go to favorite things to do!
What would you add to this list of easy date night ideas?