10.19.20 16

Everyday Items I Swear By

I have shared lots of my lists of things I swear by in different categories over the last few months. Today I really wanted to share the everyday Items I swear by since these are the things I use most and really feel are worth the money.

Everyday Items I Swear By

• Mixing bowls: I will sing the praises of these mixing bowls FOREVER! We got them for our wedding and I use them several times  week for all sorts of things. They are under $40 for a set of 3 and seriously one of the best gifts we’ve ever received.
  • Shark hand vacuum: We got this shark vacuum when we lived in our first apartment because it had stairs and I wanted something that I could use to easily vacuum stairs. Well since then it has become a MUST for clean ups! It seriously lasts forever and is perfect for crumbs after dinner and kiddo messes. Also great for cleaning car seats and vacuuming the car out.
  • Extra long phone cords: I think everyone probably has one of these but if not what are you doing? 10 foot cords are A MUST! We have them in every room and I seriously would not function without them.
  • Character sandwich cutters: Liam used to refuse to eat sandwiches which made for interesting school lunches. I randomly came across these sandwich cutters and it’s been a game changer! They are super inexpensive and really make lunches fun for kiddos.
  • Chappwrap blankets: I have talked again and again about our obsession with Chappywrap blankets. We have 4 large ones, then the kids each have 2! They are the softs, coziest blankest ever and I really want one of the holiday inspired ones.
  • Acrylic organizers: I love acrylic organizers. We use them in our kitchen drawers and I also use them in our bathrooms, my vanity for my skincare items, and then by my bed for everyday things like a hair tie, lip balm, hand lotion, etc. Most of my favorites I have found on Amazon and they are a fraction of what you will spend at big box stores.
  • Vitamix: This was another gift we got for our wedding and I really didn’t get the Vitamix obsession until I used one. Now I can never go back! Plus 6 years later it still looks and works like its brand new.
  • Customizable cups: We ordered custom “Stadium cups” from Sequins and Lipstick last summer and they have been such a great thing to have. We use them for smoothies, or drinks outside, and they are great to have when people come over. Ours say “The Moldovans.” We are even doing some for Charlottes first birthday.
  • Echo show: Andrew insisted on getting an Amazon Echo show a while back and we keep it in our bathroom! I have really loved it for listening to music, or CNN, Podcasts, etc while I’m getting ready. I love having the screen showing the weather, and time first thing in the morning as well! This would make an awesome Christmas gift.

I feel like any of these things are great things to have around and things we personally have used for years and will continue to use for years. I think really thats the most important thing to invest in, something you’ll really use.

What is your favorite everyday item?

1. Rachel wrote:

Sounds silly, but my slippers are my favourite every day item! Comfy , cosy and a lovely thing to come home to after a long day!

Published 10.19.20
  2. Those blankets look amazing, and yes, acrylic organizers are KEY! I need to check out these phone cords – I do not have one!

Published 10.19.20
  3. John wrote:

Yes, yes, yes on mixing bowls! This beginner cook loves to place chopped and dice ingredients in them instead of trying to sequester them in one corner of the cutting board. That never ends well. Yes to mixing bowls!

Published 10.19.20
  4. Ok, these are some amazing essentials!! Those mixing bowls look amazing. A long phone cord is an absolute must, and hand vacuums are perfect for a quick clean up! Thanks for sharing!

Published 10.19.20

We have a set of mixing bowls that I love, too! And the echo show plus echo dots all around the house. One of my everyday must-have items is my kindle. I read every single day, and always on the kindle. Plus sunglasses, I won’t go outside without them! Other than that, in the kitchen, we were gifted a stand mixer for our wedding and I still use that all the time, almost 10 years later!!

Published 10.19.20
  6. Joline wrote:

Funny, we were just looking at vacuums on Saturday! Debating between a Shark and a Dyson. I need to get myself those phone cords first tho!

Published 10.19.20
  7. Maria Koss wrote:

It is always so exiting and helpful to read your suggestions of favourites! I love good mixing bowls 🙂

Published 10.19.20
  8. Katherine wrote:

Great lists! Love the customizable cups idea!

Published 10.19.20
  9. Kileen wrote:

This is a great list for sure! There are many things on this list that I swear by as well! I couldn’t agree more with everything on this list!

Kileen
    cute & little

Published 10.19.20
  10. Jennifer L Prince wrote:

Ooh! My daughter is obsessed with blankets – I need to look into that brand for Christmas. Thanks!

Published 10.20.20

I love learning about the “basics” that others can’t live without. I definitely have my fair share of these in my home as well – and they include mixing bowls, a Shark vacuum, and long charging cords as well haha! Great choices on your list for sure. Those custom cups are fantastic!

Published 10.20.20
  12. These are perfect for every household. The handheld vac is great for the couch.

Published 10.20.20
  13. Clarice wrote:

Yes to character sandwich cutters! My daughter is also a picky eater thus I had to be creative so she’d enjoy it. It is definitely made lunch fun for kids. Thank you for sharing the link. I am planning to get more shapes. 🙂

Published 10.21.20
  14. Deborah wrote:

Great list! I recently got a handheld vacuum myself and it’s been a gamechanger!

Published 10.21.20
  15. We have a regular sized Shark vacuum and I swear by it! I always tell people it sucks as hard as old school vacuums

Published 10.22.20
  16. Caitlin wrote:

The Shark hand vacuum is on my wish list this Christmas. We stayed at my moms for a few weeks and I used hers almost every day cleaning up my kids’ crumbs + random messes. What a great list!

Published 10.26.20