First things first, happy first day of school to so many! I know everyone came to their conclusions about school for their own reasons and I wish everyone luck no matter how you are going about it. Liam starts back at school today and I am just thrilled for him!
Now, with school starting it’s a great time to get into some good habits. There are so many habits that have changed my life that I am so grateful I started doing and I really want to share those with you. If you need to change some things up in your life maybe see if any of these make sense for you.
Habits That Have Changed My Life
- Waking up early and moving my body: I mentioned in this post all about my morning walks I have been taking. I think waking up early( before my kids around 5:45 AM) has really changed my day. The days it doesn’t happen I really feel sluggish and not my best self. My mood is completely different and my motivation is crap.
- Tracking my food: This is not for everyone but using WW to track my food and lose weight works great for me. You can find all my posts about it here.
- Lowering my sugar/carb intake: I notice when I do not eat many carbs and sugars (other than the natural carbs/sugars of fruit) my body reacts completely different to when I overload on those things. Don’t get me wrong I love bread, pasta, cookies but in moderation and not every day.
- Night before prepping: I do not mean just food. Yes I make Liam’s school lunch the night before but I also mean laying out his clothes for the next day, making sure his backpack is packed, laying out my clothes and cleaning up the house. I love waking up in the morning to a clean house, and everything prepped and ready. It takes SO MUCH stress away from mornings.
- Delegating: This has been huge in the last 2 years when it comes to the blog. I now have a photographer, a manager for my partnerships, and a VA. It has been huge for me to delegate tasks so I can focus on content and also focus on my kids. I am not someone who asks for help easily so this has been big.
- Focusing on water intake: I am not perfect at this by ANY means. I try really hard to drink about 80oz of water a day. I notice the more water I drink the less I get migraines which is something I really struggle with. Drinking enough water is also very important for your skin!
- Vitamins: I went a lot of years not taking vitamins. Pretty much most of my life until I was about 25. At 25 I started daily vitamins and fish oil (I do not eat fish). Then in the past 5 years I have added other vitamins that I was lacking: B, D, Probiotics, etc. I feel like overall since then I have felt a lot healthier. Especially during my pregnancies. I am someone who is very Vitamin D deficient so having that supplement helps a ton. I suggest getting blood work with your Dr to make sure you aren’t lacking in any vitamins. They could be causing other issues you don’t know about.
I think it’s great when we can change and grow and having these habits that have changed my life have greatly improved things for me. If you have a chance you need to make I hope this motivates you!