We’ve all had those nights. You go out with the girls or your significant other, you have more drinks than you mean to, you eat foods your body isn’t used to, you stay up way too late. I’ve been there, we’ve all been there. Over the years I have learned that first, my kids don’t care and get up at 6 either way ready for the day. Second, there are ways to not feel like garbage all day. I have crafted my tried and true method on how to recover from an indulgent night out and I am here to share it.
How To Recover From An Indulgent Night Out
- Drink water before bed: This is HUGE. I try to drink at least 20oz of water before I even go to bed. It will make a huge difference in how you feel the next morning.
- Wake up and get moving: I also never sleep in. In part because well I have two kids and they don’t care if I had 2 Prosecco’s the night before. But waking up, getting dressed, brushing your hair/teeth, washing your face will all make you start to feel better.
- Eat a balanced breakfast: Eat something healthy! Oatmeal, scrambled eggs and toast, etc. Something that will help your body.
- Sweat it out: Do a bike ride, go for a long walk, something. Sweat out those toxins and garbage in your system. Plus the fresh air will help too!
- Hydrate all day: This is why I love my Stanley, I fill it up with ice water and add lemon and drink it all day. I do this every day but especially the day after I have had some drinks. It’s 4ooz and I try to have 2.5.
- Let your skin recover: I love a good face mask after a night out. I always start with this Tata Harper face wash. Then I use this Tata Harper mask my tried and true! Then I use these under eye masks. This combo plus all the water helps A TON with skin health.
- Fuel your body: One of my healthy-ish, but still feels like a treat foods is the Trader Joes Chicken Burrito. They really feel like an indulgent food but aren’t terrible for you. I almost always have one of these for lunch. I also make a BIG green smoothie during the day
- Go to sleep early: I try to get in bed and go to sleep early. I do my entire night routine, and try to read before bed.
I think it’s important to let loose and have fun but at the end of the day we have to take care of our bodies which is why I try to follow these steps!
What do you do to recover after a night out?