So often its easy to just feel bleh. I know bleh is a universal term that can mean so many things but its easy to feel run down, tired, and generally off. When I feel this way I try to see what I am doing that could make me feel healthier. Granted I am no expert and if you feel this way for a while you should see a Dr. But here are my 5 Ways to Feel Healthier.
1. Reevaluate: Sometimes you feel bleh or unhappy or just unhealthy because you may have people in your life that aren’t supporting you and lifting you up. The sooner you rid your life of these people the better. Over the last 5 or so years I have gotten a few people out of my life that just do not share my same goals, spirit and supportive nature. As women we should support each other but this also goes for romantic relationships. If you are with someone who isn’t bringing out the best in you than they probably never will. You will be shocked by how reevaluating the relationships in your life will increase the happy.
2. Drink More Water: I recently wrote a post about how I drink more water. Staying hydrated throughout the day and night is a great boost to your health. Most people do not drink enough water so you should check that post out for my best tips and tricks on how to make water a more permanent part of you day to day routine.
3. Get Outside: OK we are all either stuck in an office, working from home, or in a classroom. GET OUTSIDE! For at least 30 minutes a day go for a walk, work on your patio, read a book outside, play with your pets or kids and just get some sun. The fresh air and Vitamin D will make you feel fantastic and once you start you won’t be able to stop. Bonus you will feel a lot healthier from any outdoor activity!
4. Call Loved Ones: Having a 30 minute chat with my grandparents, mom, dad, best friends always makes me feel happier and healthier. Sometimes you just need to hear something good from or about someone else or vent or just shoot the breeze to feel happier and healthier and better about life. Seriously try to talk to your 90 year old grandfather and not instantly feel better!
5. Eat Clean: What we eat not only effects how are bodies look but also how we feel. If you are eating junk all the time you will feel like junk. You are what you eat right? So intermix some good stuff into that day. I am a big fan of the Green Monster Smoothie as well as little bags of grapes, apples, carrots, celery etc to mix up the day. Mixing those things into your regular meals will make a huge difference in your health and how you feel. If you want to go even further try having grilled chicken or fish at least 4 times a week! HUUUUGE difference! Again I am no expert this is just what I find to help.
So these are my 5 ways to feel healthier and trust me they will help!
So what are your biggest tips for feeling healthier?