6.9.14 16

5 Ways to Feel Healthier

So often its easy to just feel bleh. I know bleh is a universal term that can mean so many things but its easy to feel run down, tired, and generally off. When I feel this way I try to see what I am doing that could make me feel healthier. Granted I am no expert and if you feel this way for a while you should see a Dr. But here are my 5 Ways to Feel Healthier.

5 Ways to Feel Healthier

1. Reevaluate: Sometimes you feel bleh or unhappy or just unhealthy because you may have people in your life that aren’t supporting you and lifting you up. The sooner you rid your life of these people the better. Over the last 5 or so years I have gotten a few people out of my life that just do not share my same goals, spirit and supportive nature. As women we should support each other but this also goes for romantic relationships. If you are with someone who isn’t bringing out the best in you than they probably never will. You will be shocked by how reevaluating the relationships in your life will increase the happy.

2. Drink More Water: I recently wrote a post about how I drink more water.  Staying hydrated throughout the day and night is a great boost to your health. Most people do not drink enough water so you should check that post out for my best tips and tricks on how to make water a more permanent part of you day to day routine.

3. Get Outside: OK we are all either stuck in an office, working from home, or in a classroom. GET OUTSIDE! For at least 30 minutes a day go for a walk, work on your patio, read a book outside, play with your pets or kids and just get some sun. The fresh air and Vitamin D will make you feel fantastic and once you start you won’t be able to stop. Bonus you will feel a lot healthier from any outdoor activity!

4. Call Loved Ones: Having a 30 minute chat with my grandparents, mom, dad, best friends always makes me feel happier and healthier. Sometimes you just need to hear something good from or about someone else or vent or just shoot the breeze to feel happier and healthier and better about life. Seriously try to talk to your 90 year old grandfather and not instantly feel better!

5. Eat Clean: What we eat not only effects how are bodies look but also how we feel. If you are eating junk all the time you will feel like junk. You are what you eat right? So intermix some good stuff into that day. I am a big fan of the Green Monster Smoothie as well as little bags of grapes, apples, carrots, celery etc to mix up the day. Mixing those things into your regular meals will make a huge difference in your health and how you feel. If you want to go even further try having grilled chicken or fish at least 4 times a week! HUUUUGE difference! Again I am no expert this is just what I find to help.

So these are my 5 ways to feel healthier and trust me they will help!

So what are your biggest tips for feeling healthier?

1. Alli wrote:

Eating clean and just getting outside and working in my garden or taking a walk while soaking up the sun works every time for me. Great tips!

2. FabEllis wrote:

I love your tips! I really appreciate your first tip because it is the tip that isn’t so obvious to most people. If you are surrounded by people who are negative, it can really drain you and end up hurting you physically in the end.

Published 6.9.14
  3. I always say I need to be better about drinking water! I don’t know why it’s so difficult for me to keep up with. I’m going to check out your post on how to drink more water 🙂

4. Megan wrote:

When I eat crap I cant immediately tell a difference in how I feel. I get sluggish and just plain BLAH feeling! Eating clean is a must if you want to feel great:)

Published 6.9.14
  5. Thank you so much for this post today! I am feeling super blah today actually and struggling with motivation! I needed to hear this so bad!

Published 6.9.14
  6. One of the best things we can do for our family is to take care of ourselves. Thanks for the reminder.

7. Julia wrote:

Love these tips! I totally agree that keeping on track of your water intake does wonders for your body and mind. I’m going to try and get outside more especially now that it is summer!

8. Ricci wrote:

I totally agree with getting the toxic people out of your life!! There is nothing more freeing than surrounding yourself with people who love you!! 🙂

Published 6.9.14
  9. I’m trying to head outside for lunch everyday. That boost of sunshine while reading a book really helps!

Published 6.9.14
  10. Could not agree more about getting outside! Sometimes just getting away from the computer screen for a half hour is SO refreshing!

Published 6.9.14
  11. Those are so good! Eating clean is hard and expensive most of the time but it feels sooooo good!

12. Amy A wrote:

I agree with all of these. Sometimes I’ll get caught up in my day but find that sitting outside for even 20 minutes makes a huge difference!

Published 6.9.14
  13. Great tips! I totally agree with getting outside. There’s nothing like a little fresh air and sunshine to brighten your day!

Published 6.9.14
  14. Great list – thanks for sharing!

15. Meg O. wrote:

I have been taking nightly walks with Kennedy in the stroller and it’s been so refreshing and a great way to clear my head. I hope it doesn’t get too buggy this summer!

Great list!

16. Kristin wrote:

I’m definitely working on number five right now!

Published 6.10.14