I used to hate working out at home. Then Covid happened and it became the new normal. Even now out of the Covid world I still prefer working out at home. I have tried TONS of at-home workouts and to me, these are the best at-home workouts available.
Best At-Home Workouts
- Melissa Wood Health: I followed Melissa Wood Health on Instagram for a while and I really wanted to try it out. You can do a 7-day free trial so I did that and I was hooked. I love that it’s affordable $9.99 a month. Plus it really works! I love anything barre, pilates, and yoga-based. After the first two workouts, I was legit sore.
- Pure Barre Go: I have been doing Pure Barre for nearly 11 years! I love having the ability to do it at home with Pure Barre instructors. You can get a 7-day free trial and then it’s $29.99 a month.
- Open Fit: You can get Open Fit workouts on Beachbody now which I believe has a free trial as well!
- SarahBeth Yoga: This is on YouTube and it’s free. I have been doing her Yoga workouts for a few years. She even has prenatal and postnatal that were great for me. I love doing her morning yoga flow the most.
- Peloton App: You can do a free trial of the Peloton app which we did before we bought our Peloton. This is such a great way to see if you like different instructors and class types. They have thousands and thousands of classes. This is my favorite way to work out at home.
- Obe Fitness: Another great app to use for all different sorts of workouts! You can do a 7-day free trial then it’s $25 a month! They have thousands and thousands of workouts to choose from for all different levels of fitness.
- Tracy Anderson Method: I have not tried this but I am dying to! You can do a 2-week free trial and then it’s a monthly fee! There are also studios in several cities!
I love the convenience of working out at home and these are some really great options. I think when you have a workout plan it’s much easier to stick to something and you are bound to find something you like here!
What are some of your best at-home workouts you’ve found?
This post was originally published in 2020 and has been updated for 2022.
All our gyms are closed due to lockdown so we have to exercise at home. I do some yoga, use my dumbbells, and am walking while the weather is still good. I would love to try barre because I used to take ballet.
These are great options! I like Yoga with Adrienne (free) and Alo Moves (subscription).
I have an elliptical and a treadmill and a home gym in my house! I would be LOST without it! I work out every day! Working out at home is the best! Love all these app options for people who may not have all the equipment! I use an app called FITBOD!
I did so many home workouts during lockdown 1 but have done hardly any during our second lockdown… I really need to get back on it!
This is a great reference for after I have baby! I’m specifically looking at peloton and pure barre. I’ve heard great things about both!
Thanks for the information, I will be using those options instead of the gym.
These are awesome options and they’re not that expensive. I will check them out, thank you.
I have done Chloe Ting and Pamela Raif workouts and I love them! I also follow on LES Mills on Youtube. I love those kind of workouts.
I need to try SarahBeth Yoga. I’ve been looking for free yoga workouts. Thank you!
My husband and I subscribed to Beachbody back in April and have been doing a lot of at-home workouts through that since then. I also find yoga videos on youtube, but don’t have a specific one we watch all the time.
I tried Peloton classes but turned out it’s not for me. Love Sarah Beth, I’m doing yoga with her few times a week. I will check these other classes out. Thank you for sharing your finds.
I did an at-home workout program for the year prior to my wedding… and I’ve already forgotten the name of it. Oops! But I do enjoy the Yoga With Adriene videos now! They’ve motivated me a lot throughout quarantine!
Oh my goodness I needed all of these ideas in my life! After just having a baby a few months ago I’m finally starting to get back into the swing of things. Saving this post for sure!
Yes! I have been loving my at home workouts lately and this is a great list of options! I’m still on the Sweat app which works great for me!
I need to bookmark this post! My at-home workout motivation lagged majorly this year. One of my goals for 2021 is to get back on the workout track.
I actually follow Fitness blender (YouTube channel) and HomeWork Leap Fitness app’s exercises. I’ll check out these too!
my side gym is closed
I really want to start doing yoga but can’t seem to get into it. Yoga really puts you in a good mood.
THANK YOU FOR THIS LIST!! I need it.