Thank you to Libby’s® for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Do you have those meals that bring you back to childhood? Like you eat them and you are physically transported into your childhood home, sitting at the table and can picture everything? That’s how my mom’s winter stew is for me. It was always a staple when it got cold so once Andrew and I started living together it was something I always make as soon as we get that first cold snap. It’s such an easy recipe but it’s SO GOOD! Plus who doesn’t love a good one-pot wonder meal?
My Mom’s Winter Stew Recipe
- In a pan, sear the stew meat until brown and season with salt and pepper (shouldn’t take longer than five minutes)
- Pour into slow cooker
- Drain Libby’s® Sliced White Potatoes and Libby’s® Sliced Carrots and pour over top
- Chop up half an onion and pour in
- Pour in one can of tomato soup
- Fill the empty tomato soup can twice with water and pour into slow cooker
- Set slow cooker on high for four hours, or low for eight hours
- Spoon into a bowl and enjoy!
We usually make corned bread to enjoy with it but not required.
This is seriously the easiest recipe and SO SO good! You will feel all the fall comforts when you eat it. One-pot meals are a convenient and easy way to make a meal with little mess and cleanup (just one pot!) and lots of leftovers. They’re low-effort which with a toddler and infant is my love language. I can’t handle lots of steps, ingredients, and time. We love how many leftovers they yield too. Libby’s® Canned Fruits & Vegetables are perfect for your entertaining needs to make yummy seasonal recipes. Libby’s® Canned Fruits & Vegetables offers a wide variety of products, allowing for mealtime gathering possibilities to be endless!
What is a meal from your childhood that brings you back to that time?