Snacking is one thing that can be very difficult when we are trying to stay healthy. I am not food or healthy or fitness expert at all but I do know what works for me! I know that this may not work for everyone. But I wanted to share my ” How to Snack Right ” tips with you guys today!
1. Plan it out: Andrew and I grocery shop every weekend and before that we meal plan. Not only do we plan our dinners for the week and lunches etc but we buy exactly what we know how we are going to snack that week. We love things like frozen fruit, protein bars, green smoothies, healthy chips with Salsa, pretzel crisps etc.
2. It’s so easy to get distracted while grocery shopping especially if you are hungry! DO NOT GROCERY SHOP HUNGRY! Not only will you buy snack food you do not want to eat or shouldn’t be eating but you will eat every single sample in sight.
3. Going to work? Take healthy snacks with you! Going to the gym? Make sure you bring something for that post workout! Are you gonna be running errands all day or on the go? Throw something in your purse! Also bonus always take water! Here is my post for making sure you drink more water!
4. Oh gosh the biggest difficulties would probably be things like meeting a friend for coffee or a drink where the amount of food that is terrible for you. I always suggest eating something healthy beforehand. This also works double if you are trying to save money and if you are going to a restaurant where maybe there aren’t healthy options too!
5. Be Smart sounds simple but seriously. It’s like those 100 calorie packs they are great unless you eat 5. Don’t not eat all day then gorge on snacks in the afternoon. Just think healthy thoughts. Snack smart, be aware of what you are buying, snacking on and when you are snacking!
What are you tips on how to snack right?