Kind of crazy to think that I will be in the hospital so soon having this baby! We are just a little over 2 weeks away! Since I have done this before I have a much better idea of what I would actually NEED at the hospital. Last time we didn’t plan to be there for 6 days so I had to send Andrew home at one point to get more clothes. This time we live MUCH closer which is nice. But I figured since I have had a few requests I would share what’s in my hospital bag for a second-time mom.
What’s In My Hospital Bag: Second Time Mom
The bag I am using is a Vera Bradley large duffel. It’s what I used last time and it holds so so much!
- A few pairs of these lounge pants (my favorites)
- Lounge shorts
- Sports bras
- Cozy socks
- Shower shoes
- Skincare set from Drunk Elephant (they sweetly sent me this for my hospital bag)
- Dry shampoo
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, body wash, deodorant, lotion, loofa, hair ties
- Minimal makeup: brows, bronzer, mascara, concealer, lip balm
- Extra-long phone charger
- My own towel (the ones at the hospital are so rough)
- Barefoot dreams cardigan
For the baby: *our hospital provides pretty much everything I could possibly need for her so we aren’t bringing much.
- Matching mama and me swaddle for our fresh 48 photos
- Going home outfit
- Car seat
- One or two headbands
I am having a c-section so my hospital also provides a c-section recovery wrap. If you can think of ANYTHING I should pack or add to this please comment below! I always feel like I am forgetting something important.