Reading is always something that’s a goal of mine. I try to average 1-1.5 books per week. I am also someone who rereads books I truly love. Something about the familiarity of it. I also rewatch shows so there’s that. I wanted to share some books that I have recently read and also a few that I have reread that are perfect books to read for summer! No matter if you are heading on a vacation, or just looking for books to read before bed, these will keep your interest!
9 Books To Read For Summer 2021
Books to read for summer: Nonfiction *these are all great on audiobook too
- Becoming by Michelle Obama: I am a HUGE Michelle Obama fan. I loved this book because I loved reading out their lives before the White House. Her life as a child, through college, when she met Barack, and their struggles with infertility which I related so much to. This is such a treat of a read.
- Open Book by Jessica Simpson: If you grew up in the boy band stage of life where Jessica, Mandy, Britney, and Christina ruled the radio then you will love this. Hearing about her problems, her struggles, her marriage, being pregnant, and everything. It’s like listening to your best friend.
- Talking Just As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham: I was a HUGE Gilmore Girls and Parenthood fan and LOVE Lauren Graham. She is hysterical and I loved the behind-the-scenes feel.
Books to read for summer: Fiction
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory: I will shout from the rooftops that Jasmine Guillory writes the best love stories. Her characters are all smart, and funny, with so much going for them. But they are also all flawed. She writes the best page-turners. Start with the Wedding Date and go from there. You will love them all.
- One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid: I think TJR’s first 4 books are her best (my unpopular opinion) but this one is my favorite. Imagine thinking the love of your life is gone forever and just when you move on he comes back.
- The Idea Of You by Robinne Lee: If you haven’t read this yet stop what you are doing and read it right now. It is sultry, and every bit of delicious. A 39-year-old woman and a 20-year-old guy have an around-the-world relationship.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: This book just broke me but also left me with so much joy. One I reread again and again. Such a beautiful story of love and overcoming the hardest things that can happen to someone.
- The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase: I love Bethany Chase’s books and this one is one of my favorites. What if the one that got away came back into your life and you had to work with them on a project?
- The Girl He Used To Know by Tracey Garvis Graves: This is the best book I have read in the last year. It’s a beautiful and touching story of love through obstacles. Could not put it down!
What is one of your favorite books to read for summer you’d add to the list?