I love a good beach or poolside book. Something that sucks you in so you can transport yourself to another world, even if you’re just in your backyard. I mean really what’s better on a lazy day than that? I have so many books I’ve read either on the beach or by the pool or even just at home that would make for the best beach reads for 2022 that I just had to share with you. If you are planning a trip or just looking forward to warmer pool days make sure you bookmark this post!
Best Beach Reads For 2022
Romance beach reads:
- The Idea Of You: 39-year-old woman and a 20-year-old guy start an affair that spans across the world as they travel and fall in love. It will suck you in!
- The Wedding Date: A book I actually read on the beach on a trip that completely sucked me in. I finished it in a day. My favorite Jasmine Guillory book.
- Party of Two: Jasmine Guillory’s latest book follows the main character from The Wedding Date’s sister. Such a great story!
- The One That Got Away: My favorite Bethany Chase books follow a girl who is forced to work with the guy who she quickly fell for a decade before.
- Ugly Love: This one will get you but in the best way. Such a beautiful story of redemption and love.
- The Roommate: A very sexy book that is the perfect page-turner for a beach read
- Reminders Of Him: Colleen Hoover’s latest book which had me in tears at several parts is one you really want to pick up.
- Taylor Jenkins Reid’s first 4 books: I am SUCH a fan of her first 4 books; After I do, Forever Interrupted, One True Loves, and Maybe In Another Life. They are all such great books.
- Love and Other Words: Probably my favorite Christina Lauren book. This is the story of childhood love rekindled and it goes back and forth between the two timelines.
- Josh and Hazels’ Guide To Not Dating: Josh and Hazel make a pact to find each other people to date. A fun best friends to lovers story.
- The Unhoneymooners: What if everyone at a wedding got food poisoning aside from two people who hate each other? Then those two people go on their honeymoon. I wonder what happens…
Thriller beach reads:
- Gone Girl: If you haven’t read gone girl you need to! Wife goes missing, and everyone suspects the husband but things are not what they seem.
- The Wife Upstairs: A woman falls in love with a widower but is haunted by the memory of his late wife.
- Girl On the Train: Another story where things are not at all what they seem
YA beach reads:
- The Selection Series: Pretty much the Bachelor meets Royals
- The Thousandth Floor Series: One of my favorite authors and people Katharine McGee’s first series which is pretty much Gossip Girl in the future but with a mystery!
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before: Such a sweet series about a girl and the boys she loves.
- Anything John Green: I loved The Fault In Our Stars and while it’s gut-wrenching it’s still a wonderful story. I loved all of his books!
If you are looking for any other great book recommendations you can find all of mine here.
What do you think the best reads for 2022 are?
This post was originally published in 2021 and has been updated for 2022