4.23.19 20

Best Shows For Couples To Binge Watch

If you and your significant other are ANYTHING like Andrew and myself then you run into this problem a lot. “What do you want to watch?” “How about XYZ…” “Nah I don’t want to watch that.” ALL THE TIME! I have learned in our almost 7 years together the shows we both like and what we want to watch together. I want to share my guide to the best shows for couples to binge watch. Just in case you find yourself in the same situation.

Best Shows For Couples To Binge Watch

Breaking Bad: We didn’t watch this together when it first started but when we started dating it was maybe in season 4 or 5. So we finished it together. It’s still one of our favorites and we have watched it all the way through a few times. I am still shocked when I meet people who haven’t seen it.

Dexter: I will always give my warning to just stop after season 5. I think 1-4 are amazing and 5 is ok. After 5 it gets really weird and stupid. But it’s still a great show.

Schitt’s Creek: We started this on our vacation to Florida and we are still watching it and love it! It’s hysterical and it’s tough for us to find a comedy we both like.

Happy Endings: I admittedly love this way more than Andrew and I am sad I didn’t watch it when it was on. There are only 3 seasons but I still think it’s one of the most underrated shows.

Ozark: We just started this and are almost done with season 1. I like to say it’s a good Breaking Bad substitute but not nearly as good. I still really love it, probably because I love Laura Linney.

Stranger Things: This took us a few episodes but once we got a few episodes in we were hooked! Such a great show and you can watch the first two seasons before the new season starts this summer!

Shameless: Andrew got me into this! I binged the first 3 seasons and we started watching season 4 together. It’s gone a little off the rails in the last few seasons but I still love it.

Bloodlines: We still haven’t finished this-fail. But we have loved what we’ve seen. A very dark show about family.

Friends: I have this and HIMYM on here because there may very well be people who haven’t seen them and to that I say “go watch!” We still fall asleep to it every single night.

How I Met Your Mother: See above. Just watch it. Our go to when we don’t know what to watch.

What would you add to this list of best shows for couples to binge watch??

1. I can’t seem to be able to watch ANY show with my boyfriend! I can’t handle waiting when a new episode comes out, haha. Oh well! 😛

Published 4.23.19
  2. Haha, my S/O is not a big “watcher”, but hopefully, after seeing your enumeration, she’ll be willing to take one for the team.

Published 4.23.19
  3. I had to talk Izzy into watching Friends and told him if he didn’t like the first 3 episodes we would stop watching. Needless to say he ended up loving it. I knew he would!

4. GiGi Eats wrote:

Friends & HIMYM are two of my absolute FAVORITE shows – my husband HATES THEM though so… I have to binge alone, haahahha!

5. Lauren wrote:

Of course Friends and HIMYM are fabulous, but I LOVE Happy Endings! I’m so glad that you’ve found it, too!

Published 4.23.19
  6. To be honest, we don’t often sit and watch tv shows together – and if we do, it tends to be documentaries rather than tv series…

Published 4.23.19
  7. My hubby watches several of these. The only one we have watched together from the beginning is Stranger Things. We are hoping they put out a third season.

Published 4.23.19

My husband doesn’t watch a lot of tv shows, but I do. Another I would possibly add would be the Arrow-verse, all the DC tv shows: Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. Just find a list to watch them in the correct order.

9. Marcie W. wrote:

Awesome suggestions! My husband and I have actually binged a few of the shows on your list and really enjoyed them. We’re currently watching The Handmaid’s Tale.

10. Madi wrote:

Great list! My fiancé & I love binge watching shows…we definitely seen some good ones. Our most recent two were Imposters & Animal Kingdom on Netflix. Animal Kingdom was amazing…we were instantly hooked! Also your blog is lovely!

-madi xo | http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

11. Gina wrote:

Always looking for good shows to watch with my boyfriend! Thanks for the recommendations. I totally agree with Dexter!

Published 4.23.19
  12. Friends is a given. It’s got GOAT status in our house and we rewatch it all the time. And we were obsessed with Dexter! Though that ending broke my heart.

13. Caitlin wrote:

This list is so helpful! I’ve been looking for a new show for both of us to watch. It’s tough to find one when your personalities and interests are different!
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

14. Marjie Mare wrote:

My husband and I share different taste on what to watch but that doesn’t stop us to watch some shows together. Although he sleeps in most of mine.

Published 4.23.19
  15. Wow so much movies to watch and I like the list so I will check one or two out with my boyfriend.

Published 4.24.19
  16. Woah, awesome list! Sadly my husband only watches films not any sitcom or series kinda shows 😑😑 I will ask him again, hope he will say YES!

Published 4.24.19
  17. aisasami wrote:

I don’t have a S/O just yet. But, with my parents, we like to watch Law and Order or The X-Files. We like the classics more.

Published 4.24.19
  18. Holly wrote:

These are great binge watching ideas. My husband and I love binging a series every few months.

Published 4.24.19
  19. Bree wrote:

This is a great list! We’ve watched a few of these and also weeds is a good one! Love your picks!

Published 4.24.19
  20. Melanie williams wrote:

We have watched so many of these. One of my firm favs is Schitt’s Creek. Very funny and an easy watch xx

Published 4.25.19