2.10.20 15

Busy Mom Five Minute Makeup

I would love to say the concept of five minute makeup is new, but it isn’t. However, I want to share my personal busy mom five minute makeup routine and what I do to still look SOMEWHAT put together but quickly! Quick is key at this point with an infant and a toddler. This is a mix of clean and lesser clean products. I am trying to do mostly clean but some things I can’t give up!

Busy Mom Five Minute Makeup

First I use a moisturizer with sunscreen. I use this one every morning by Josh Rosenbrook.

Then I use Laura Mercier primer. It’s my favorite primer.

I use Glossier boy brow in brown. It’s my FAVORITE brow gel. I keep coming back to it.

Then I use Ilia Limitless Lash Mascara. It’s a clean mascara and doesn’t clump or flake which is great. It’s not super dramatic with one or two coats so it’s a good day-time mascara but you could add more to make it good for night time.

I LOVE the RMS beauty line of makeup and the un-cover up is my favorite. It’s honestly one of the best concealers I have used. It’s a good creamy consistency but not too creamy.

To give my cheeks a bit of color I use the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush in love glow. This is a great everyday blush.

For bronzer, I use quite a few but I have been gravitating more lately towards the Hourglass Ambient Lighting bronzer in radiant bronze light. Such a good glow without being too much.

On my lips, I use Kari Gran lip whip in peppermint and this is seriously such a hydrating lip balm that still gives your lips some sheen.

So yeah this entire busy mom five minute makeup look takes 5 minutes or less and really helps you feel put together even for school drop off or errands without spending too much time on a full face. Which, lets face it, none of us have time for!

What is one of your every day must-have makeup products?

1. Thanks for the recommendations! Need to check out your mosturiser-sunscreen! 🙂

Published 2.10.20
  2. Holly Lasha wrote:

This is a great routine. It is definitely true that having a quick manageable makeup routine as a mom helps you to get it done!

Published 2.10.20
  3. Joline wrote:

I always wear sunscreen. The one I’m using now doubles as a primer too so I get to skip that step!

Published 2.10.20
  4. Mariah wrote:

I’ve heard so many things about the boy brow. I really want to try it!

Published 2.10.20
  5. Ashley wrote:

Wow, amazing! Will be checking out some of these products too!

Published 2.10.20

Girl, you are speaking my language with a quick and easy routine! I recently added a moisturizer with sunscreen in it and it’s helped so much during these cooler months when everything’s been so dry. Today, though, it’s up to 74 and high humidity which I thrive in so all my windows are open to enjoy the natural moisture in the air today!!

Published 2.10.20
  7. Kristine Nicole Alessandra wrote:

Great tips. However, I don’t usually wear make up because I stay home most of the time. I will share your article with my daughter though. She works a 9-5 job in a bank 13 miles away from home. Her mornings are so hectic! These tips will help her get ready in no time.

Published 2.10.20
  8. Brandy wrote:

Loving these busy mom five minute makeup tips! You make me want to wear makeup for the first time in ages. It sounds so simple and I bet it helps uplift my mood during this dreary winter season.

Published 2.10.20
  9. Cris wrote:

I am looking for a new primer, and I think you gave me a great idea! I will try out Laura Mercier. Thanks for the tips!

Published 2.11.20
  10. Nati wrote:

I love the products you use! I am a busy mom myself and my makeup routine takes me around 10 minutes. I have one question if you don’t mind: why would you use primer if you don’t wear foundation?

Published 2.11.20
  11. Melanie williams wrote:

Now this is my kind of makeup! I am always in a rush so the quicker the better x

Published 2.11.20
  12. aisasami wrote:

I am not a mom but I love doing a quick and easy routine in the morning for makeup and hair. I hate doing makeup for a long when I could be relaxing and drinking tea, meditating before work.

Published 2.11.20
  13. Christa wrote:

I’m not a huge makeup person, so a five minute routine sounds perfect to me! My only must have daily product is a moisturizer with SPF.

Published 2.11.20
  14. I would love to try out that Laura Mercier primer, have heard so good things about it! Thanks for sharing the tips ☺

Published 2.12.20