2.20.18 16

Current Fitness Routine 2018

I always love hearing what other people do for workouts and general fitness day to day. My fitness routine has changed A TON over the past few months, so today I am sharing my current fitness routine for 2018.

Current Fitness Routine 2018

Yoga: I try to do 10 minutes of Yoga a day mostly to stretch and relax since a lot of the other workouts I do are super strenuous on the body. I use this Youtube Channel for my daily at home practice. On Saturday mornings I go to a Root Yoga class at my gym. I had really been wanting to introduce more yoga into my workout routine and I am so glad I found something that works.

Barre: If you have been reading my blog for a while you know I LOVE barre classes. I have been taking them for 8 years. Lately I have been taking barre once a week on Sundays and if I can one other time during the week I will. Andrew built me a barre at home so that’s always nice to be able to do at home too.

Walking: This is a 7 days a week activity. I usually take Liam for a long walk daily unless the weather is bad. If it is, sometimes we head to an indoor mall and walk around there for a while. I try to get 10K steps a day. I almost always do.

Cardio: Usually about 4 days a week I do cardio and usually it’s 30 minutes of elliptical, or 15-20 minutes on the stair climber.

BBG: In January I started BBG (Bikini Body Guide) yes it’s very trendy right now. I had been wanting to try it for a long time and finally did it. It’s hard. I mean REALLY hard. I am working muscles I did not know I had. This is 3 days a week and on those days I usually do a walk with Liam or sometimes I will also do a little cardio as my LISS (low intensity steady state).

So that’s what I am doing for my current fitness routine for 2018! I would love to know what you guys are doing for workouts right now.

1. Thanks for sharing your fitness routine with us, Neely! I think you’ve got a healthy one down. Taking some inspiration from you! Good luck to you and your fitness journey this year. 🙂

Published 2.20.18
  2. Wow – you are certainly a lot better organised on the fitness front than I am. I suppose, like anything else, so much of any routine comes down to your own self discipline to ensure you carry it through. That’s where having a fitness partner can come in handy where you can keep each other on track to achieve your goals.

Published 2.20.18
  3. Wow – you are certainly a lot better organised on the fitness front than I am. I suppose, like anything else, so much of any routine comes down to your own self discipline to ensure you carry it through. That’s where having a fitness partner can come in handy where you can keep each other on track to achieve your goals.

Published 2.20.18
  4. Man, you’re doing awesome with your workouts! I really need to find more things to do, and it also needs to stop raining/being so freaking cold so I can walk outside! Right now, I’m doing two dance classes – tap and hip hop. I’m planning on joining a gym next week so that I can utilize their classes, etc. and maybe find some other workout tasks I like!

-Lauren

Published 2.20.18
  5. Melissa wrote:

I would love to see your review on BBG. I’ve been reading about it everywhere!

Published 2.20.18
  6. Tracie wrote:

I walk/run 3 times a week and do a Hiit Workout 2x a week. Exercise helps me clear my mind

Published 2.20.18
  7. I really need to up my fitness game. The bad weather has made exercising more difficult. I need to get moving more to drop the last 10 pounds of my pregnancy weight.

Published 2.20.18
  8. Joline wrote:

It’s great that you got that routine down! We’re still doing CrossFit 2x a week. Not much outside of that, waiting for better weather so we can go running and biking outdoors!

Published 2.20.18
  9. Tami wrote:

My fitness routine is non-existent right now. I am hoping to start walking outdoors as soon as the excessive rain quits.

Published 2.20.18
  10. Brandy wrote:

I really need to get into a better fitness routine ,to be honest. This has inspired me to try to get in gear! Spring is almost here, in NH we’ve had some warmer temps which makes me want to get out and do some activity outside 🙂

Published 2.20.18
  11. Christina wrote:

Wow! You really make it a well rounded routine. It’s great to change things up and keep it interesting.

Published 2.20.18
  12. christine wrote:

Great routine you’ve got going on. The weather is so cold here this time of year still so outdoor exercise is kind of out of the question. I try to get in a bit of yoga but admittedly, it’s so easy to be lazy in the snowy cold weather :-0

Published 2.21.18
  13. This is an AWESOME routine!

Published 2.21.18
  14. Awesome! I try to do a lot of similar things; a little yoga or a lot depending on my schedule, walking a mile at least 2 times a day, and some sort of dedicated cardio which usually ends up being running. I have been dying to try barre and after I have this baby in July I am definitely trying out BBG. I’ve seen a lot of people get great results from Kayla Itsines. Thanks for sharing this!

Published 2.21.18
  15. Crystal wrote:

Sadly, nothing. But knowing what to do to get myself back in gear is a good thing. I think I would love barre classes.

Published 2.21.18
  16. looks like your 2018 fitness routine is going well, i have just started eating betting i cut ut pop and refined sugar. Its been great so far

Published 2.22.18