One of my favorite things about fall is the fall recipes! And one of my favorites is my Fall Spiced Pear Cobbler Recipe. It’s very easy and very yummy. Who doesn’t love their whole house smelling like pears and cinnamon? It’s seriously one of the easiest recipes to make and it is so yummy! Plus it’s something your entire family will love!
Fall Spiced Pear Cobbler Recipe
For the filling:
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Libby’s® Pear Halves (in Pear Juice)
- 3 tablespoons of the butter of your choice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 & 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Tiny dash of salt if you want (not required)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup milk
To make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the Libby’s® Pear Halves, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is bubbly. Allow the mixture to bubble for 2 or 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Transfer the filling to a glass baking dish. Set aside and make the topping.
To make the topping:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the butter and mix until the butter is about the size of peas.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the milk and continue mixing the dough. Add the remaining milk, a small amount at a time, and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls over the top of the filling. It may look clumpy at first but when it cooks down it spreads out so don’t worry if it looks a little odd.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
One reason I love this recipe is that, while there are a lot of ingredients, it’s VERY easy but looks like it’s something that took all day to make. Libby’s® Canned Fruits does all the prep work – no need for washing, peeling, and dicing, allowing you to spend more time with those that matter most: friends and family. That’s what’s important this time of year, spending time with loved ones! Like I mentioned above it’s such a huge favorite in my family and the smell is enough to knock any fall-scented candle out of the water!
*all photos by Jenny Havens Photography
This post was written in 2019 but has been updated for 2022
Mmm, I can almost smell this through the screen! It looks so good! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
I’m def going to have to try this recipe out!! My mouth watered a little lol
This would be great to have this weekend. My daughter will be having some work friends coming over so I think I will make this for them to enjoy and take their minds off their stress filled jobs. 🙂
Pear cobbler!!! I never had it before, i would love to try to bake one this weekend. Thanks a lot for the recipe.
Ok, I really need to try this asap! I can almost smell it through the screen!
I love the idea of using pear in cobbler! Sounds delicious and unique. Definitely will have to try your recipe.
Oh my gosh, this looks delicious! I love the smell of desserts baking, too. Typically that’s all I would smell on Thanksgiving because my extended family always gets together and are each in charge of different things. My mom always had the apple pie and a few other small things.
Pears are such an underrated fruit in my opinion, I love them!! This looks delicious thanks for sharing 🙂
I want to be in your kitchen as this bakes. Oh heavens! I bet it was delightful!
Ooooo pear cobbler sounds amazing! Definitely pinning this recipe to make this winter!
OMG, tomorrow night, I am making this to enjoy this beautiful fall weekend with my girls. Thanks for sharing.
Oh wow, this just looks delicious! I need to make this ASAP.
Oh my gosh this looks so tasty. I know my husband and son will love this Fall Spiced Pear Cobbler. I will be making it for them.
Yummy! The recipe is quite easy to follow, so definitely be trying it out this season 😍☺
Ooooooh! Love pears!
I’ve done an apple cobbler but not a pear one, definitely need to change that, this sounds delicious!!
OMG I totally want to try this! Everyone does apple cobbler, but I’ve never tried a pear one – sounds delish!
I make a similar cobbler but with peaches. I’ll have to try the pear version!
This looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it! Look forward to reading more of your posts too!
I’m looking forward to trying this recipe out!! i never thought of using canned pears before
This pear cobbler looks delicious. What a great idea for fall.
This is an interesting recipe. The topping looks easy and flavorful. The spice pear cobbler is a unique twist to the traditional peach cobbler. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Ohh it look delicious and would love to make asap.