I turned 32 in April, and even before then there were a lot of signs of me getting older. These were a mix of my tastes becoming different, my patience level, what I expect from people, and of course what aging does to my skin. Getting older of course has it’s pros and cons. There are ups and downs like anything else.
- You REALLY learn what you like and dislike and you ARE NOT afraid to ask for it. For example, I know how I want a steak cooked. I know how I take my coffee. I also know when someone is NOT doing their job. I have no problem speaking up.
- You learn who your friends are. I have an entire post going into detail upon the things I have learned about friendship since my mid-twenties, but by 32 I know who true friends are. These are the friends that support you, understand, and don’t ALWAYS put their needs first. They are the friends that bring you tacos when you need tacos, and send you funny GIFs when there is nothing else to say. They send sweet cards and notes because they know you really need to laugh.
- You know that staying home on a Saturday night is cool because hangovers are the actual worst.
- Very few things are better than clean sheets, Netflix, and an early night with your husband.
- Your family is the most important. You tried to avoid those get-togethers when you were younger and now you live for them.
- Speaking of those two glasses of wine, when did those start to hurt so much the next day?
- Sunday scaries have a new meaning.
- Your skin plays tricks on you. Oh these lines by my eyes? These wrinkles? Where did you come from? I did not ask for that for my birthday! This is why RoC’s Daily Resurfacing Disks have become a major part of my life. They are clinically proven to help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles in just one week! Thank you lord! They also solve three problems: one side gently exfoliate, the other side gently cleanse & remove make up. Plus they are gentle enough for use every single day. Yes please!
- You CONSTANTLY get the question about what’s next: When are you going to get married, buy a house, have a baby, have a second baby, have a third baby, buy another house. It never ends.
- You host A LOT of events: birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, family functions. It’s fun until it’s not.
- You pay way too much attention to what you eat and how much you sleep. I guess this is both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it.
- You feel guilty about having lazy weekend days.
Of course most of these things are tongue-in-cheek and super silly, but isn’t getting older just that? HA!
I would love to know what good and bad parts about getting older you guys would add to this list!
This post is written by me, in partnership with RoC skincare for Socialstars #WomenWhoRoC