3.9.16 22

How I Plan My Lunches For The Week

Working from home you would think it’s so easy to whip something up for lunch, but honestly it isn’t at easy as you would think. How I plan my lunches for the week is pretty basic. Not to mention one of my March Goals was to not have take out. So I am always looking for ways to find lunches that check a few boxes for me.

Healthy-Choice-0

• They have to be healthy!
  • They have to be easy and not require a ton of time to assemble.
  • They need a protein, because protein is important guys!
  • They need to have varying options. Meaning I can do a lot of different things with the ingredients so I don’t get sick of them.

I have mentioned before how Andrew and I meal plan and prep for the week. So when we go to the grocery store over the weekend I try to always find a few new things as well as my usual items to stock up in our fridge and freezer and keep on hand for the week. Recently we discovered the Healthy Choice Simply Cafe Steamer meals. Once I saw them I knew they were going to be the perfect lunch option for me! There were so many different options. For my first time I tried the Chicken Fried Rice because it’s one of my favorite things to order when we go out to eat and seeing a healthy option sounded AMAZING! Let me tell you it did NOT disappoint!

Healthy-Choice-1 Healthy-Choice-2

The meals have 100 percent natural proteins and absolutely no artificial ingredients, Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers uses steam to transform simple ingredients into vibrant, crisp vegetables and juicy proteins for a delicious, fresh taste. As I mentioned, having a good protein for my lunch is really important to me and adding veggies in is an added bonus. I can never get too many veggies! The Simply varieties are part of the brand’s Café Steamers line, the first and only meals featuring a tray-in-tray steam cooking method that separates ingredients during heating to unlock freshness you can see and taste.  I love this because it doesn’t feel like your “average” frozen meal. The Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers line contains nearly a dozen meals to love all with less than 310 calories and more than 18 grams of 100-percent natural protein in a variety of flavors, such as: Meatball Marinara, Chicken Fried Rice, Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry, and Grilled Pesto & Vegetables. I can’t wait to try the Meatball Marinara and the Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. They are already on my list for our weekend grocery shopping!

Healthy-Choice-3

Not to mention that Healthy Choice is the only major brand in the frozen meals section that can call 100% of its products “healthy” as approved by the FDA. I would love if you could visit www.facebook.com/healthychoice or www.HealthyChoice.com to learn more about the company and their amazing meals. You can find Healthy Choice Café Steamers in the freezer aisle at grocery stores nationwide for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3.29.

So as I mentioned above all my boxes are checked for what I look for in a weekly lunch and with this many options I won’t grow tired of them any time soon! Thanks for checking out how I plan my lunches for the week and I would love to know how you plan yours!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. candy wrote:

Great ideas. A person can save tons of money by planning and packing their lunch.

2. Chelsea wrote:

I struggle hardcore with packing lunches! I’m really trying to get into meal planning on Sundays but I often feel like- who the hell has time for that!!!!!!!! lol. The quick lunch looks so good.

Published 3.9.16
  3. This can always be a struggle, but I’ve gotten much better at it! It’s all about preparation!

4. Meghan wrote:

Planning lunches when I’m home on breaks, summer, and now on maternity leave is the bane of my existence. I’m pretty good at planning dinners for the week, but for lunches I want something fast I can grab. It’s nice these are so healthy. When I’m in school we have awesome cafeteria food, which I’m thankful for, and we only have to pay a teensy bit as faculty, which is nice.

Published 3.9.16
  5. Lunches are where I struggle. I am great with planning what the kids will eat; but not myself for some reason!

Published 3.9.16
  6. I love Healthy Choice lunches. They have a great variety and always taste good. Plus I know I am eating healthy.

Published 3.9.16
  7. Microwave lunches like Healthy Choice and Lean cuisine are my typical go tos.

8. Cara wrote:

That chicken fried rice looks really good! Meal planning is so important in ensuring you eat healthy and stay on track with fitness goals.

Published 3.9.16
  9. Oh these would be PERFECT for lunch at work! Thank you so much for the idea!

Published 3.9.16
  10. Healthy, easy and something I can have ready ahead of time is key for me! I usually prep my lunches when I’m meal prepping for the week so all I have to do before work is grab the container of food, a piece of fresh fruit and throw it in my lunch bag. Easy peasy!

Published 3.9.16
  11. I struggle with this option but those meals are great!
    – Amanda Shuman | Carrylove Designs

12. Lexi wrote:

Yes to quick and easy lunches! I hate making lunches and when I don’t have something quick, I often find junk food to eat!

Published 3.9.16
  13. Lunch is my down fall since I’m a stay at home mom. It’s so easy for me to run to Chick-fil-A for lunch. I never plan out my lunches for the week but these look like a great, easy way to eat healthier and not eat out so much!

14. Kelsie wrote:

These are great ideas! I have always struggled with a healthy, quick lunch that is filling but not huge. Thanks for sharing!

15. Rachel G wrote:

Steaming in the microwave is very convenient for work lunches. My husband used to take steamer bags of frozen veggies (just plain veggies) to work, steam them in the microwave, and eat those for lunch. His coworkers thought he was a bit of a health nut…

16. Jessica wrote:

I love meal planning! Only way I get anything done during the [email protected]

Published 3.9.16
  17. i havent tried this brand yet…but i will be looking out for it next time because im all for healthy lunches too.

Published 3.9.16
  18. I typically take salads or leftovers to work for lunch, but I’ve always thought that I should have some of these on hand for those days that I don’t have anything or don’t want to prepare anything… like right now. I’ll probably try to pick up a salad on my way into work tomorrow because I just couldn’t be bothered to fix anything tonight. And if I don’t prep things the night before, it won’t happen!

Published 3.9.16
  19. Anything quick and healthy is an absolute go-to for me. I will have to try these!! xo

Published 3.10.16
  20. I eat lunch at my coffee shop so I often forget that my husband needs a lunch! Haha. Usually it’s leftovers but there are some days where I run out before making a new dinner. Frozen meals are great in a pinch.

Published 3.10.16
  21. Alicia wrote:

Oh my this looks so good! I’m a SAHM, so I don’t necessarily have to pack. But I can pass this along to my mama 🙂

Published 3.10.16
  22. Emilie wrote:

I pasck a lunch every single day because it’s just a part of my routine. I will pack leftovers on most days so it’s pretty quick and easy. I love that it saves us a ton of money!

Published 3.13.16