As you all know fitness is something that is very important to me. But I understand what it’s like to be in a fitness rut. How to get out of a fitness rut is also something I am familiar with! I have some great tips that will hopefully motivate you as we come into the winter months.
How To Get Our Of A Fitness Rut
- Find something new: Whenever I have started something new I feel this sense of renewed excitement in workouts. Working out with a new trainer, finding a new class at your gym, or a new at-home workout. I mentioned I really enjoy Melissa Wood Health and I highly recommend it.
- Ask a friend to join: Nothing better than finding a fun workout with a friend. You can even do it virtually! Check-in with each other and agree to do it every day!
- Put it on your calendar: This is a big one for me. I know if something is on my calendar it has to happen. I find that having it right there tells me I have blocked off that time, I have made a commitment to myself.
- Do it first thing: I also do it FIRST THING! I wake up before my kids and husband and I get my workout done. Now that it’s getting a little too cold for my 6 AM walks that’s when I do my workout. That way when my kids get up I have already checked something really important off my list.
- Do a challenge with friends: I love a challenge, it’s the competitor in me. Even my husband and I will do Fitbit steps challenges. I feel like doing any kind of challenge really motivates me and I bet it would for you too!
- Make a new playlist: A new playlist can be so motivating! If you aren’t in the mood to create one yourself Spotify has millions.
- Find a fun Podcast: Working out is one of the only times I can listen to Podcasts. So finding a new Podcast is really exciting to me because it motivates me to get my butt into workout gear so I can listen! No matter what your interests are there are Podcasts for you! You can find some of my favorites here.
I think with everything going on right now it’s pretty common to get into a fitness rut. But, seasonal depression may be at an all-time high this year, and working out is something that can really help with depression. Hopefully, this post inspires some of you!
Do you have any tips to share on how to get out of a fitness rut?