December 13th, 2009 I started this blog. 11 years in this space. That’s so crazy to me. I joke that it’s still my longest relationship. I didn’t meet Andrew until around year 3. Today I wanted to do some reflecting on 11 years of blogging and how I feel about it. Stay tuned for a giveaway at the bottom of this post!
Reflecting on 11 years…
So when I started blogging this space looked VERY different. It was just a lot of ordinary girls like me sharing their days. I think in some ways it still has that aspect but it’s different now. It’s more business-focused instead of just doing it for fun. I am so glad I started when I did because I love that there was no pressure.
I never thought this was something that could be a career. In fact that I vividly remember at the first blog conference I went to say I didn’t need to go to the business track because this wasn’t a business.
I have met some truly incredible people because of this blog and gotten to go on some amazing trips. I have worked with dream brands and had amazing opportunities. I feel so thankful every day that this is what I do. I love what I do and it never feels like “work.” I am so grateful that I get to be home every day with my babies, and take Liam to school, and see all of Charlotte’s firsts. It is so important for me to be present with them.
A few lessons I have learned:
- Comparison truly is the thief of joy.
- You don’t have to do things just because everyone else is.
- There is no one right or wrong way to do this. There is no road map.
- You do NOT have to be a fashion blogger to be successful.
- It’s OK to ask for help. In fact, ASK for help! Not everyone can do everything alone.
- There is no right or wrong way to be private. Share as much or as little as YOU feel comfortable with.
- Do not settle. If a brand is not right for you, don’t sell out.
- Work hard, and be nice.
Thank you all so much for reading no matter if it’s been one month or 11 years. I am so grateful to all of you!
Now for the giveaway. There is a widget below to enter on. I am giving away a $100 gift card to Amazon! I will select the winner, announce, and email in a week! Good luck!