It’s very easy in January to be good about taking time to workout, meal prepping, and having a good skincare routine. As the year goes on and the months roll by the things we do for ourselves fall by the wayside. These are 10 things to do for yourself every day that will make a huge difference in how you feel.
- Plan out your day: Every night before I go to bed I make a plan for the next day. I take into consideration the amount of work I have, any meetings or dr appointments, as well as errands and a trip to the gym. Having a plan for your day will make you wake up feeling like you can take on the world.
- Get in a sweat sesh: For me working out is an essential part of every single day. Not for any reason other than it makes me feel good. If you’ve seen the movie Legally Blonde you’ll remember this quote “I just don’t think that Brooke could’ve done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.” So there you go!
- Take time for your skin: No matter how late I am running in the morning or how tired I am at night I go through my entire skincare routine morning and night. I wash my face, put on serum, moisturizer and eye cream as well as spot treat when needed. Taking time for your skin is extremely important!
- Catch up on news: Do you use, The Skimm? I recently rediscovered this and it is revolutionizing my mornings. I really love being able to skimm through whats going on in the world right in my inbox.
- Listen to something you like: I love podcasts. I listen to them daily. Some of my favorites are The Shipping Room, Best of Friends, Carrie On, Serial, Coffee with Chrachel, and Gilmore Guys. I also REALLY love First and Final but it’s not on all the time. Since I enjoy listening to podcasts I try to listen to them when I’m driving, at the gym, and doing work. Since driving tends to stress me out (traffic) I know listening to something I enjoy will put me in a good mood! Who wants to be in a bad mood?
- Talk to a friend: My best friends do not live in Texas. One is in OKC, one in Baltimore, and one in New Jersey. I do have really great friends in Dallas, but talking to one of my best friends be it in text, Google Hangouts, Facebook, or on the phone is an essential part to my day and something I always make time for.
- Hydrate: This is pretty self explanatory but drinking water is important. Hydration is key. It makes your skin clearer, relieves headaches, and is usually the cause of not feeling well. I try to constantly drink water throughout the day. I keep a tumbler full and with me at all times. You should be drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Smile: Smile, it will make you happy. Smiling at others is just the best.
- Write it out: Blogging and journaling are great things. Being able to write out your feelings and thoughts is a great form of therapy and coping for things that may be wrong in your life. If you don’t want to write about something on your public blog have a word document on your computer, a journal or notebook, or somewhere that you can write down your thoughts and feelings from the day.
- Night routine: At night I wash my face, brush my teeth, put on lip balm, take vitamins, and get into bed. I have a big full tumbler of water and my iPad. Andrew and I answer our daily question in our “Our Q&A a day” book. I highly recommend this for ANY couple! Then we usually watch an episode or two of a TV show, I read for a bit and go to sleep. I love having a routine at night. It just makes me feel good!
Doing things for yourself has to be your first priority every day. If you aren’t taking care of yourself, how can you take care of anyone or anything else? These are not things that take a lot of time and are probably some things you do anyway.
What do you do for yourself every day?