I feel like it’s important to be a positive person. It’s much easier to be positive than negative. When you are positive others around you are more positive and people want to be around people who have a positive attitude. Trust me I have bad days, I have negative days but I really try to see the positive in everything I can. Even the really hard, terrible things. There are certain ways to be more positive that I really live by and I want to share them with you!
10 Ways To Be More Positive
- Think about other people: So when I am down I call my mom. Duh. She likes to remind me how bad other people have it. The blessings in my life. Why my “problems” aren’t as big as I am making them out to be. Yes, my mom is crazy supportive but she also likes to set me straight about how good I have it.
- Change your scenery: Sometimes you need to change it up. Go for a drive to clear your head, go sit at a park and read, go walk around the mall and window shop. Take your kids outside because the combo of kids’ laughter and fresh air will 100% make you more positive!
- Make a list of happy: I recently got the book, 52 Lists For Happiness. I loved the 52 lists book and this is a great reminder to make a happy list. You could also just write a list of 10-20 happy things! Even on your phone just make a list of all the happy things in your life!
- Do something for YOU: Do a face mask, get a mani pedi, buy yourself a treat! Cheer yourself up!
- Work Out: Working out always makes me a happier and more positive person! I feel like Elle Woods knew what she was talking about 🙂 If you have a workout you love it will make you more positive! I personally think starting the day with a good workout is the best!
- Read: An article, a book, the bible (if that’s your jam), whatever can make you more positive! I have a ton of book suggestions here!
- Cook: Something healthy! Make a green smoothie, make a yummy salad, try a new recipe. Or just bake some cookies and enjoy life!
- Head Outside: I mentioned before about changing your scenery, but you guys it can be so depressing and easy to be negative being stuck inside! So go outside, get some fresh air! During the pandemic, I feel like we’ve spent even more time outside. Since we have been home so much being in the backyard, going to the park, even on a walk has been my saving grace.
- Meditate: I have been using the Headspace app on my phone or mediations on the Peloton to practice meditation. I end up doing it at different times daily because I really just don’t have the same consistent time every day. I feel like it really helps my mood a lot.
- Make a praise folder on your computer: When I get praise from a brand I work with, other bloggers, friends, family members, etc I add it to a folder on Google Drive. I go read them when I am feeling negative to remind myself that some stranger’s opinion of me doesn’t matter and that their negative opinion is wrong!
What are some ways to be more positive you live by?
This post was originally published in 2018 and has been updated for 2021