I feel like being negative is a really easy choice in life. You read something bad about yourself, you have something go wrong, you just feel meh? Sound familiar? These things happen to us daily. But we can be more positive. Today I am sharing 10 ways to be more positive in case you come across a bad day.
10 Ways To Be More Positive
- Think about other people: So when I am down I call my mom. Duh. She likes to remind me how bad other people have it. The blessings in my life. Why my “problems” aren’t as big as I am making them out to be. Yes my mom is crazy supportive but she also likes to set me straight about how good I have it.
- Change your scenery: Sometimes you need to change it up. Go for a drive to clear your head, go sit at a park and read, go walk around the mall and window shop.
- Make a list of happy: I recently got the book, 52 Lists For Happiness. I loved the 52 lists book and this is a great reminder to make a happy list. You could also just write a list of 10-20 happy things!
- Do something for YOU: Do a face mask, get a mani pedi, buy yourself a treat! Cheer yourself up!
- Work Out: Working out always makes me a happier and more positive person! I feel like Elle Woods knew what she was talking about 🙂
- Read: An article, a book, the bible (if that’s your jam), whatever can make you more positive! I have a ton of book suggestions here!
- Cook: Something healthy! Make a green smoothie, make a yummy salad, try a new recipe!
- Head Outside: I mentioned before about changing your scenery, but you guys it can be so depressing and easy to be negative being stuck inside! So go outside, get some fresh air!
- Meditate: I have been using the Headspace app on my phone to practice meditation. I end up doing it at different times daily because I really just don’t have the same consistent time every day. I feel like it really helps my mood a lot.
- Make a praise folder on your computer: When I get a praise from a brand I work with, other bloggers, friends, family members, etc I add it to a folder on Google Drive. I go read them when I am feeling negative to remind myself that some stranger’s opinion of me doesn’t matter and that their negative opinion is wrong!
I would love to know your thoughts and what you would add to this list!