10.13.14 28

5 Things in My Travel Bag

Tomorrow we are leaving for Hawaii bright and early! Yes it is honeymoon time! We have a short layover in Arizona and then for 9 days I errrr we will be beaching, getting massages, relaxing and sipping on Mai Tai’s!

I wanted to share the things with you I always have when I am on an airplane. The 5 Things in my Travel Bag that no matter what I always carry.

Travel Bag

I carry everything in my Barrington Gifts tote bag with my new monogram on it! NAM! WOOO! It doesn’t look exactly like the one above I am fairly certain the style of mine is not made anymore but it is Navy and white and perfect!

Onto the 5 Things in my travel bag:

1. iPad: Always! This has my books, movies, magazines, ability to check my social media, watch Netflix and so many other things. It’s really a magical device no? This is the first thing that goes into my bag and I always make sure I have it. Plus lots of extra ways to charge it. I carry my iPad in a gorgeous Gigi New York iPad case that I love.

2. Tory Burch Travel Wallet: I have a giant Tory Burch wallet I always use for travel because it zips around and is perfect for boarding passes, tickets, etc. Plus it houses the important things like my license, credit and debit cards.

3. A Variety of One Truffle Pouches: I have purchased about 5 of these in various sizes and I use them for everything. One for my makeup/beauty products I carry daily. I have one that has all of my chargers. I use another for snacks and various items. They are the perfect way to organize things in your bag so you can find them easily.

4. My new EOS Vanilla Mint lip balm: I mentioned above I keep beauty products in a One Truffle bag but I had to point this one out specifically because since I found it at Target a few weeks ago it has become a daily life staple. I adore EOS but this combo of Vanilla Mint is just perfect. Go get yourself one ASAP!

5. Orbit Wintermint Gum: This is my favorite gum and really the only gum both Andrew and I love. We always have tons especially when we travel. I also take tons of mints because I am obsessed with starlight mints! But this gum has been my favorite for probably a decade and I could not travel without it.

Of course I have other things in my travel bag but these are the 5 Things in my travel bag you will always find!

What is in your travel bag?

1. Sara wrote:

Have an amazing trip!! Monogrammed bags are the best for traveling! I love mine too!!

2. Jordan wrote:

Welcome to married life, and super fun monograms! I definitely have a new found respect for my new initials when all my new accessories are covered with them! Enjoy your honeymoon!

3. Hannah wrote:

I have knitting or crochet in my travel bag too. On our road trip a few weeks ago I sat in the back of the car with our little boy and worked on a knitting project near enough all the way which was like a 3 or 4 hour car drive.

4. Patti wrote:

Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon!

Published 10.13.14
  5. First and foremost, HAPPY HONEYMOON! I hope y’all have an amazing trip and enjoy relaxing on the beaches of Hawaii — that sounds so ideal!

Secondly, I love what you pack in your travel bag. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a trip that required a travel bag, but mine generally looks something like yours, though I swap out a Kindle for the iPad. Fantastic on the truffles as sweet snacks, the gum AND lipglass. All definitely essentials!

6. Dionne wrote:

I have yet to use the EOS lip balm, but I always see it at the counter at Target. Love the idea of the travel pouches. Always losing my lip glosses in my mammoth-sized bag.

7. Ashley wrote:

Your iPad case is so pretty! I love it!

8. gina wrote:

LOVE seeing what others can’t live without. I’m a little more high maintenance! 🙂

Here are my airplane travel essentials which includes an iPad, eye mask, toothpaste and more! See: #highmaintenance. XOXO

Published 10.13.14
  9. Congratulations and have a fabulous honeymoon! Mine was in Hawaii, too. Maui to be exact. Something always in my travel bag is ear plugs. I don’t always use them, but they have been the difference in agitatedly laying awake and falling into quality sleep.

10. Lexie wrote:

I love EOS!,I keep 5 on hand. Have a wonderful trip. Go snorkel and take a sunset cruise to enjoy a romantic cruise and watch the sun go down. You will have the best time of your life with your new husband.

Published 10.13.14
  11. I need to try that Vanilla Mint Eos! I am obsessed with their lip balm. They are great for travelling because they are easy to find in your bag.

12. Lee wrote:

I have been eyeing Barrington Bags for the last month! I am in love with so many patterns, I have no idea how I could possibly choose one!

Published 10.13.14
  13. Lucky lady…Have a beautiful honeymoon in PARADISE!

Published 10.13.14
  14. You’ve motivated me to clean out my purse. I know this is your travel bag but I’m on the go so much during the day I need to put together something to keep me organized. I keep forgetting things!

15. Colleen wrote:

Enjoy your honeymoon… I am so excited for you, you were a gorgeous bride! xoxo

16. Rebekah wrote:

OH HI! I’m obsessed with everything in your bag! I think it looks a lot like what I would carry in mine! I have wanted to try EOS for so long but I don’t know if I can break myself of my Carmex addiction! What’s your favorite flavor besides that one? I’m not a vanilla person! (crazy, I know!)

17. Jena wrote:

Happy honeymooning!! 🙂

18. Shelby wrote:

Very practical list! I would also include my iPhone, cause I use it more as a camera than phone and my journal. As much as I LOVE my iPad and tech, I still need paper and pen.

19. Janet wrote:

Totally jealz of a 9 day honeymoon in Hawaii! Enjoy it! Love your travel bag tips. I’m gonna go check out the EOS lip balm and those little truffle bags!

20. karissa wrote:

What I wish I had, benadryl cream. We went on a cruise and the night before we left I got bit by something and the boat dr only had a pill that left me so exhausted for like two days of our trip. It was fun and good after that. Have fun in Hawaii,

21. Shannon wrote:

Have an amazing honeymoon!

22. Aisha wrote:

I love my EOS lip balm.. I have mint, too! That tory burch travel wallet is so cute!

23. ashley wrote:

Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful time 🙂

Published 10.14.14
  24. Erica wrote:

I am in love with that EOS stick and carry mine everywhere with me. Have a great time.

Published 10.14.14
  25. Congrats!! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon! Love the EOS stick!

Published 10.14.14
  26. Laura wrote:

I always bring my planner and an army of notebooks and my nook, and of course some chapstick too because my lips get so dried out! Have fun in Hawaii!

Published 10.14.14
  27. Liv wrote:

Have a ball!!! I feel you on that iPad!!!!! It is clutch!! And eos!

Published 10.17.14
  28. Nice post! My travel bag contains random shit like old magazines, pink feather pen, two glasses pouches, post-its and whatnot. I need to declutter, stat1

Published 10.18.14