10.26.16 52

Fall TV: What I’m Watching

I am someone who has always loved TV. Most of the podcasts I listen to are TV related, and one of my favorite ways to unwind is to curl up with Andrew and watch a show we both love. Now that we’ve been into the Fall TV season for a while, I thought I would share what I’m watching this fall with you guys!

What I'm Watching

Fall TV: What I’m Watching

New Shows:

• This Is Us: This is probably my favorite, just like everyone else. I had super high hopes for it and every week I really love it more and more. It’s such a cute show, and while I disagree that it’s like Parenthood (it’s really not) I will say it’s a good show with a solid cast. I am glad it’s going to get a full season.
  • Designated Survivor: This is truly filling the 24 shaped hole in my heart. We LOVED 24 and Jack Bauer, and this is basically if Jack Bauer became president so we like it and it’s staying.
  • Notorious: This is so silly and stupid and honestly it’s not great but you know what? It’s super fun to watch and Piper Perabo has legit not aged a day since Coyote Ugly.
  • Pitch: Another great Fall show with an amazing cast. The story line really pulls you in, and if you haven’t seen it you should really start watching it.
  • Divorce: Sarah Jessica Parker is so fantastic. I was really hoping to love this show, and while I like it, it’s a little strange. I watched the first 2 episodes on my recent trip to NYC and it made me a LITTLE uncomfortable. There is a lot of sex and while it’s good, proceed with caution.

Returning Shows:

• Shameless: This is probably my least favorite season so far. I will stay with it because it’s one of the only shows we watch together, but I hope it picks up. I miss Micky and Steve. Also Frank is THE WORST.
  • Survivor: Really good premise this season of Millennials vs. Gen X and really fun new twists. We are enjoying it and I hope they do a season with returning cast soon!
  • Grey’s Anatomy: I have said this to anyone who will listen: Grey’s got better when McDreamy left. I know I sound crazy but honestly the show had some seasons in there that weren’t great but the last 3-5 have been amazing. I love Alex’s storyline. I love Maggie. It’s really great lately. If you used to watch it’s time to pick it back up!

Still To Come:

• Gilmore Girls A Year In The Life: Unless you’ve been living under a rock you know that Gilmore Girls is coming back next month to Netflix for 4-90 minute episodes. Counting down the days! #TeamJess
  • Nashville: CMT picked it up and it’s back in early January and I am really hoping the rumors of Connie Britton only being in half the episodes aren’t true. I also hope Juliette found a way to be OK after her plane went missing. EEEEK!
  • Scandal: Kerry Washington had her baby a few weeks ago so I’m ready for Scandal to be back. Let’s see Millie become President!

This is what I’m watching and I would love to know what you’re watching!

1. Tine wrote:

So looking forward to Gilmore Girls! I binge watched all seasons last month 😮

2. Kiara Catanzaro wrote:

I will definitely be watching Gilmore Girls when it comes out! I’ve been loving Timeless!

3. Shelly wrote:

I like This is Us! Still hasn’t replaced the hole in my heart that the Braverman’s left though! haha 🙂

I watch Dancing With the Stars, This is Us, and The Big Bang Theory. I’m patiently waiting for Game of Thrones and Stranger Things to come back. Eeek. #impatient

4. Lucie wrote:

I personally don’t watch any of these, expect for Shameless – I love this series. 🙂 But I’ve just started watching American Horror Story – 7th season and let’s say… this is pretty scary one. 🙂

Published 10.26.16
  5. Designated Survivor has become one of my favorite shows! My husband and I watch it on DVR every Thursday (we hate commercials so we watch it the next day), but we loved 24 and so when Kiefer Sutherland was staring in it we knew we were gonna like it!

6. Shirley wrote:

Published 10.26.16
  7. I’m not loving Grey’s this season, but I really like This Is Us. I abandoned Scandal when they stopped all the OPA stuff I loved; the “will they or won’t they” with Olivia and Fitz was too much. The part of me that loves trashy TV is super excited for ANTM this winter.

8. Rachel wrote:

I like Designated Survivor so far as well! I’m also loving Conviction and Timeless quite a bit.

9. Nellwyn wrote:

I can’t wait for Gilmore Girls, have you seen the new trailer that came you yesterday? It got me even more excited and I didn’t think that was possible! Until then, I’m catching up on the last season of the Good Wife and binge-watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix.

10. Michele wrote:

I used to watch Grey’s Anatomy but lately haven’t turned on the TV at all!! I also used to watch NCIS-the reruns and the new ones–Me thinks I should turn on that TV again!!

11. Charlotte wrote:

Cannot wait for Gilmore Girls, so excited! Haven’t seen Grey’s Anatomy for years now. Might pick it up again!

Published 10.26.16
  12. I am loving This is Us. I also started watching The Good Place and American Housewife. This is Us is amazing and so glad as you said it gets even better each week! The Good Place and American Housewife crack me up. I need that silly laugh every week.

I am siting on the edge of my seat waiting for Nashville and Scandal to come back. And I don’t know many females who aren’t going crazy about the Gilmore Girls Revival!

Published 10.26.16
  13. I’m also liking Notorious, it’s fun. I heard things weren’t looking good for it though and they’ve already cut the number of episodes. Did you watch Covert Affairs with Piper Perabo? That was a good one too.

14. GiGi Eats wrote:

I need this list because I am struggling to figure out what to watch these days!

Published 10.26.16
  15. I love This is Us. I actually like it better than Parenthood, because it doesn’t focus only on the parents. I love that there are characters I can relate to.

Grey’s Anatomy is great! I don’t know if it is better, but it is definitely not worse without McDreamy. I love all the new storylines.

I cannot wait for Gilmore Girls!! Eeee!

16. Britney wrote:

I love This is Us! I just had triplets so I can relate to some of the stuff!

Published 10.26.16
  17. I’ve never watched The Gilmore Girls. I am thinking I might need to binge watch on Netflix. Right now i’m loving Too Close To Home and American Housewife.

Published 10.26.16
  18. I’m such a TV junkie, and I agree with you on so many of these! I’ve been loving This is Us, and Dave and I have been watching Designated Survivor together. Grey’s Anatomy has always been a favorite of mine, and I agree this season is SO good! And I actually love the storyline of Meredith and Riggs. But more than anything, I cannot wait for Gilmore Girls!! Just saw the trailor that was released yesterday and I swear I was in tears.

Published 10.26.16
  19. That’s some serious TV watching! I’ve been watching and re-watching Grey’s Anatomy all the time. Even I love Meredith and Alex’s friendship, Maggie & Amelia too! I miss Cristina though! By the way, do you like Riggs?

20. Bianca A. Nunez wrote:

this is us looks good! ive only seen one episode so far I need to watch the rest!

Published 10.26.16
  21. Totally with you on ‘Divorce’ – I wanted to like it (I needed to fill my SJP void) but it’s…odd? I can’t put my finger on it but it’s too goofy/silly for such a serious topic. They lost me in episode 1 when her friend SHOT her husband…I can’t.

As for Shameless – so it’s not the BEST season, but I still love it! It’s one of my favorite shows ever.

Published 10.26.16
  22. 100% agree with your Shameless comments. I say all the time “I miss Jimmy/Steve/whatever else his name was.” And Frank can just leave the show, so over him.

23. Ashley wrote:

You are so right about Piper Pabelo. She looks AMAZING!

Ashley // A Cute Angle // acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

24. Emily wrote:

I am so excited for Gilmore Girls! I started watching the series a few months before they announced the revival. Now, I’m trying to hurry up through the entire show before the new episodes release! A lot of people claim to be Team Jess, but I’m not sure I totally understand why yet. So far, I really don’t like him! Maybe that will change?

25. Jolina wrote:

We are loving This is Us. The twist in the first episode had us hooked! We’re still on the fence about Designated Survivor….not sure about that one. And Notorious is sitting in our PVR waiting to be marathon-watched! We’re also into The Walking Dead. And How to Get Away with Murder! And Gotham! So many good shows, so little time!

Published 10.26.16
  26. I started watching The Good Place this year and I LOVE it. Every episode gets better and better!

27. Liz Mays wrote:

I do want to watch the new Gilmore Girls as soon as it’s out! Right now we’re watching one or two episodes of Scandal each night to catch up!

Published 10.26.16
  28. I need to catch up on This Is Us. Once I saw that Jesse from Gilmore Girls and Mandy Moore is on the show I was sold! Side note, I cried so hard when MrDreamy died. I mean like ugly cry. haha I do feel like there is something missing. I have been watching from the beginning and it is just so hard to let go of the original cast. Lastly, I do a happy dance everyday because that means we are getting closer and closer to the Gilmore Girls release!

29. Jessica wrote:

I can’t wait for Gilmore Girls! So excited!

30. Alex wrote:

I LOVE This Is Us and I’m so so so excited for Gilmore Girls to come out. The trailer they released yesterday made me even more excited!

31. Jennifer wrote:

I am a TV junkie, and have been since I was a kid. I cannot wait for Gilmore Girls!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!! I’ve been binging on old episodes to “prime” me for the new ones! LOL! Currently, my husband and I have been on a “Blacklist” kick. I didn’t think I was going to enjoy it (I don’t prefer that genre of show), but it is soooo good! It’s one of the shows we’re watching on Netflix right now. I’ll definitely have to check out SJP’s show – I’ve heard such good things about it!

32. Mistle wrote:

I love This Is Us! I am so addicted to it! I never watched Parenthood though. I have been wanting to watch Pitch. I will have to see about watching it soon. Of course I am excited about Gilmore Girls!!! I have been having a catch up marathon lately. I also need to catch up on Scandal. I did not watch all of last season.

33. Katie wrote:

I am also loving This is Us and Divorce. I am interested in Pitch and Designated Survivor. I have not heard of these ones. I cut the cord and therefore have to rely on Hulu and Netflix to direct me to my shows, but having a show to search for definitely helps.

Published 10.26.16
  34. I keep hearing about people talk about “This is Us.” I’m going to have to start watching it!

35. Rachel wrote:

So many good ones! I’m loving This Is Us and Notorious too!

Published 10.26.16
  36. I don’t get to watch much TV, however, the series I am so into now is Bull (starring Michael Weatherly of NCIS). This season’s Survivor is also interesting. I’ll have to check out these other shows you’ve mentioned too.

37. Rachael wrote:

Honestly I’m not feeling Divorce either but I’m going to give it a few more episodes because I really just love SJP.

38. Jenny wrote:

I love Shameless! I have heard so many good things about This Is Us too and I so need to watch it.

39. adriana wrote:

I’m really liking Designated Survivor!! And Survivor – I watch every season! Also I cried at the Gilmore Girls preview! Haha great list!

40. Greta wrote:

Grey’s and This Is Us are my fall TV faves! I can’t wait for Scandal and the Catch to complete my Thursdays!

Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

41. zim wrote:

I haven’t seen Gilmore Girls in years! I’ll renew my Netflix and watch. I hope it will be available to the South African audience though. Scandal is my favorite! I believe that it was Kerry Washington’s big break!

42. Carrie wrote:

This fall we are watching Walking Dead but that is about it. We are watching a lot of reruns like House and NCIS.

Published 10.27.16
  43. I haven’t heard of any of these other shows, but I am SO excited for Gilmore Girls! It reminds me of my high school days when my BFF and I would have sleepovers and watch the latest with Rory!

Published 10.27.16
  44. Stacia wrote:

I actually haven’t tried any of these yet (except Gilmore Girls – can’t wait for the new episodes!) Maybe I should check some out.

Published 10.27.16
  45. Katie wrote:

Great list! I like “This is us” too. I love Criminal Minds, Baby Daddy, Zoo, Limitless, Flash, and of course Walking Dead. 🙂

Published 10.27.16
  46. I’m looking forward to Gilmore Girls too! I can’t wait. I wasn’t into Parenthood so I didn’t give This Is Us a chance but since they’re not really alike maybe I will gove This Is Us a chance.

Published 10.27.16
  47. Elizabeth O wrote:

I don’t watch much TV and when I do, I have 2-3 specific, premium channels that I go to… Clearly, I either need to up my game or let it be. Haha! 🙂

Published 10.28.16
  48. This is Us has to be my favorite new one. I was hooked from the very first episode…and I may have even sobbed in a few parts LOL If a show can do that to me, I’m sticking with it! Oh, and Grey’s. Always Grey’s. And I’m SO excited for Nashville!!!

Published 10.29.16
  49. Southern & Style wrote:

I am so excited about so many of these things! I love This is Us & I am anticipating Nashville, Scandal, and especially the Gilmore Girls reunion-I’m actually watching the original right now!

xoox, SS

Southern And Style

Published 10.29.16
  50. Colleen wrote:

This is Us is LIFE. I love love love love that show! I cry EVERY single week! Also I’m binging Gilmore Girls so I can prep for the reunion! I love GG!

Published 11.7.16
  51. stephanie wrote:

oh my goodness – designated survivor is my absolutely FAVORITE show EVER. it’s the greatest.

Published 11.14.16