3.17.16 31

Feeling Safe At Home with Best Buy

Feeling safe at home is obviously a huge importance to anyone. When we decided to live in the suburbs one of the main attractions was how safe our neighborhood is. Regardless of how safe it is, Andrew does travel for work from time to time, which means I am home alone. Also, I work from home so I am home alone a good portion of the day. We were given the opportunity to test out the Ring Video Doorbell (SKU 5814005). As huge fans of anything that makes our home “smarter” this was perfect for us.

Feeling-Safe-at-Home-With-Best-Buy

Doorbell required_0

What happens is someone rings your doorbell and an app you download for your phone (the app is free and available for both iPhone and Android) alerts you. You click on the alert and you can see a live video of who is at your door. You can hit talk and tell them to “leave the package” or “you are upstairs be there in a second” etc. This is also great if you are NOT home. Imagine you are at work and you know a package is coming. Sometimes UPS etc doesn’t want to leave a package on your door. You can give them permission to! The other side doesn’t see you on the video they just hear you. So even if you aren’t home you can say “I’m in the bathroom” or “can’t get to the door right now.” The options are truly endless and you never have to worry about things being left for you again or feeling like you need to answer the door if you are home alone. Plus, you can see who is there without having to be right at your door. Safety first!

Ring-Video-Doorbell-2

Ring-Video-Doorbell-1

Ring-Video-Doorbell-3

There are other benefits like recording motion when someone or something is there. This took some playing around with because the first day of use we kept getting alerts when the garbage truck was picking up peoples trash on the street. But you can set the motion to as far away as you want or as close as you want. With night vision and wide angle HD video it doesn’t matter if its 2 PM or 2 AM. Feeling safe at home has never been so easy!

Ring-Video-Doorbell-4

The install process is pretty easy and only took Andrew about 15 minutes. The Ring Video Doorbell comes with all the tools you will need aside from a drill!

Then comes the fun part! Testing it out…

Ring-Video-Doorbell-5

We have really loved having this feature added to our home to make our home a little smarter and us a little safer. Feeling safe at home is important to us and this really improves upon that.

The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.

1. candy wrote:

This would make you feel safer and more secure. Will be showing this to my husband.

2. Meredith wrote:

I have always wanted to try one of these! I think they are genius! Thanks for the review!

3. Brittany wrote:

I’ve been seriously considering this, but wasn’t sure how useful it was at detecting other motion. Thanks!

4. Scott wrote:

We almost bought one of these, but ended up getting a touchpad for the the front door with a camera. Two security devices in one!

5. Miranda wrote:

This is awesome! My husband is a musician, so I’m usually home alone on the weekends, so this is an awesome find. Thank you!

Published 3.17.16
  6. So if this thing only “rings” to my phone, sign me up! We live in a lovely neighborhood in inner-city Dallas and I feel completely safe, but I CANNOT STAND people ringing my doorbell and waking up my sleeping babies. It’s like FedEx and UPS drivers can’t read the sign on my doorbell or something! I’d like the camera function, too.

Published 3.17.16
  7. This would be so good to have at home and to feel safe especially since I live alone.

Published 3.17.16
  8. Home security is so important! I love that it has a camera option to it, love shopping at Best Buy!

Published 3.17.16
  9. Wow, that’s really interesting! At one point, I lived in an apartment that was on the second floor but my door was still on the first. There were windows at the top of the door so as soon as I hit the stairs, the person at the bottom could see me. I didn’t always like that when I wasn’t expecting someone. Having this would have been really helpful to check out the situation first before deciding if it was safe to proceed!

Published 3.17.16
  10. With how much we travel this would be perfect for us to have in place when we aren’t home. This sounds easy to install and to use.

Published 3.17.16
  11. I’m wanting this as soon as we move into a new neighborhood. Actually it would have been handy earlier when the puppy & I were upstairs and our lawn care guys were on the front porch. I didn’t know they were coming today so I was a little worried when I heard someone out there.

12. Ooooo! I want one!
    I’m kind of a scardy cat and would love the ability to see who’s outside before I go to the door!

Published 3.17.16
  13. This is such a cool concept! Because the kids nap at different times during the day we have a huge sign on our door basically telling people if they ring the bell and wake the kids they’ll be murdered, but I could see this coming in so handy when you’re busy or at work.

14. Samantha wrote:

This looks so neat! I’ve never heard of it before, but I’ll definitely be looking into it now! Thanks!

Published 3.17.16
  15. I love this and would totally feel safer if we had this installed! I’ll run it by the husband and see what he thinks 😉

Published 3.17.16
  16. Thank you so much for the review. I need to go and get one of these.

17. Jenny wrote:

How cool! I am definitely adding this to the list of things I need to get for the future house.

xoxo, Jenny

Published 3.17.16
  18. What a great piece of technology for safety. I will keep this one in mind as I am upgrading my house.

Published 3.17.16
  19. Oh my word, can I have this please?!?

20. Jenn wrote:

How cool! I love the idea of this! We have windows on our door, so while I don’t want to peek out and let people know we’re there necessarily, I don’t have any other way to do it. This would be so helpful for me as a stay-at-home mom.

21. Koninika wrote:

That looks great! Such a great review post of something so useful and important in our homes. Need to give it a closer look!

22. Liz Mays wrote:

Now that is a device I would really like. I’m going to look into that, and I’m not just saying that.

Published 3.17.16
  23. This is pretty cool! I’d like to have this for our safety too.

Published 3.17.16
  24. This sounds like something I would love. I like the sound of the features, I am wondering exactly how it installs?

Published 3.18.16
  25. Emma wrote:

This would make such a huge difference for me, but is something I never even considered! Thank you so much for sharing!

Published 3.18.16
  26. This is super cool!!!! We are always getting things delivered to our house. This would be perfect for my family. Can’t wait to purchase this, thanks for sharing!

Published 3.18.16
  27. I have always seen the commercials for this, bad honestly I didn’t think it would be more safe or functional than other options. However, your post has completely changed my mind! I had no clues about the motion sensor or the night vision! I will definitely think about this product for my next home! Thank you so much for doing this review.

Published 3.18.16
  28. It’s so important to feel safe in your own home. I love the idea of having access to motion sensors and night vision. That would definitely make me feel like our home was more protected.

Published 3.18.16
  29. Ro wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I might look into this 🙂

Published 3.18.16
  30. Lexi wrote:

This is seriously so cool! Love the idea!

Published 3.23.16
  31. Oh I want one of these!

Published 3.31.16