5.9.18 23

How To: Football Themed First Birthday

So I’m about 3 months late with this post but better late than never! In February we threw Liam a super fun first birthday party. Since his birthday is right around the Superbowl and we are huge football fans we figured a football themed first birthday was the way to go!

How To: Football Themed First Birthday

For the invites Andrew actually made them. I found a few ideas on Pinterest and he combined them together to make the invite look like an actual stadium ticket!  The party was held at our house on an unusually chilly day!

We asked everyone to wear their favorite sports team and Liam had a special shirt made in Cowboys colors! He also had a special hat for cake time!

For food we did Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, fruit, veggies, goldfish in mini red solo cups for the littles, Texas Caviar, apple sauce pouches for kiddos, chips and salsa! We also had cookies in the shape of footballs and a big cake for everyone and a smash cake for Liam!

My friend, Laura, kindly took all the photos for us so we could focus on just celebrating our little dude!

We had all the kiddos in one room playing and they had a blast with Liam’s toys!

For each kind of food I came up with ideas that were football themed “Touchdown Texas Caviar” “Cheerleader Chicken Nuggets” etc. Andrew made those in photoshop for me as well as the “Hydration Station” sign. For drinks we had water, juice, Sangria and beer for the adults.

We found most of the supplies and decor at Walmart and Party City. A bonus of your kid having a football themed first birthday around the Superbowl is that there is no shortage of football items in the stores! Andrew also built a goal post out of PVC pipe and painted it! We got mylar balloons to go above it.

We also bought a football and had everyone who came sign it! It’s currently on display in Liam’s room!

We also had a chalkboard made with all his favorite things and current stats!  We were gifted an awesome sign to hang in front of our house that said “Welcome To Moldovan Stadium Liam’s First Birthday!” For party favorites we had little individually wrapped football cookies for each kiddo to take home and enjoy!

Pretty sure our little buddy had the best football themed first birthday ever! He crashed for 3 hours after!

1. Holy, what an amazing setup and party! I’ve always been in awe of themed parties and you pulled off the football theme so well! Liam will have so much to see when he looks back on the photos one day! 🙂

Published 5.9.18
  2. having everybody that come sign something is a great idea. I can’t believe I never thought of that

Published 5.9.18
  3. Aw, what a cute party and I love the theme. That goal post is a cute touch, and I LOVE the idea of having people sign the football. Nice idea for a guest book. 🙂

Published 5.9.18
  4. Katie wrote:

Everything looks so cute! What great ideas!

Published 5.9.18
  5. This is such a cute idea! I love how you made the invite into a ticket!

Published 5.9.18
  6. Brandy wrote:

What a super cute birthday theme idea fo r a first birthday party. I love the idea of being able to throw themed party. The football theme was right on!

Published 5.9.18
  7. This is so cute!! My husband would love to throw our daughter a football-themed birthday party haha

Published 5.9.18
  8. Tara L wrote:

This is really cute. My son played football one year he was like 7. He didn’t like it so much but loves football this would be a cool birthday for him one year.

Published 5.9.18
  9. Michelle wrote:

You put so much effort in this and it simply looks amazing! When I have kids in the future, I want to throw them such an awesome party as well!

Published 5.10.18
  10. Bridgid M. wrote:

omg This is so cool! I love all the details. Everything turned out amazing!

Published 5.10.18
  11. Margaret wrote:

This is so freakin’ cute! Love the decor. I think you’ve thought of everything. Since my son’s birthday is in February, everybody was sick with colds and ‘flus so we ended up doing a small dinner for his 1st birthday. The 2nd one was full of balloons (which he loves).

Published 5.10.18
  12. what an adorable bday party! love the football theme. my husband would go crazy for this

Xo Mindy amixofmin.com

Published 5.10.18
  13. Eevi-Sofia wrote:

I love the idea of signing the football. And the goal post with the balloons is a fabulous touch!

Published 5.10.18
  14. Amanda wrote:

How adorable! You totally nailed the theme. I’ll have to save this for my baby boy (not yet born) as his daddy is a huge football fan and he will no doubt be one too!

Published 5.10.18
  15. What a sweet birthday party. You really thought of everything. I love the football theme- so many cute things to do with it.

Published 5.10.18
  16. How adorable!!!! Love the theme!

Published 5.10.18
  17. Darby wrote:

Well this is an absolutely adorable first birthday theme! I am still in denial that Liam is one. HOW. DID. THAT. HAPPEN.?!?!?!

Published 5.10.18
  18. Dogvills wrote:

What a fun party theme! I am sure your son will look back on this day with fond memories! I love the idea of having the guests sign a football. That would be an awesome keepsake to remember his first birthday!

Published 5.11.18
  19. Olivia wrote:

Is there any way to buy the pdf/template for the invitation? My little boy is turning 1 next month. Love this!! Thanks for sharing!

Published 9.28.19
    • Hi! We found it on Pinterest but give me your email and I can try to email it to you!!

Published 9.29.19
  20. Erin wrote:

Any chance you would be willing to share the invite template? My son turns one around in a few weeks and doing a football theme too! Yes. I’m running behind,lol

Published 1.21.20
  21. Rosemary wrote:

Love everything about this.. where did you have the football field banner made?

Published 9.28.20
    • Hi! Its a company called Fast Signs. They are a franchise and have them all over!!

Published 9.28.20