With a toddler who will eat pretty much anything and a husband who shares that quality I can usually find snacks we can all love. The trick is making them healthy but still delicious! Today I am sharing two easy and yummy family approved snacks that you can actually prep on weekends to have for the entire week!
Two Easy And Yummy Family Approved Snacks
Peanut Butter Almond Green Smoothies:
I have shared our green smoothie recipes before but the one that Andrew, Liam, and I are loving right now is super easy. I actually put all the fruit in bags on Sundays to make for a quicker smoothie during the weeks! We share on every single day.
- 2 handfulls spinach
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 handfull of blueberries
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 or any peanut butter powder
- 1 cup of So Delicious Dairy Free Almondmilk
Mix all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy! Liam even has his own special smoothie cup. The green color doesn’t deter him from drinking it. He usually sucks it right down!
Whole Wheat Yogurt Muffins:
I altered Peanut Butter Fingers Greek Yogurt Whole Wheat Muffins recipe a little for this!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl
- Spoon the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Once smooth spoon into muffin liners (we use these silicone ones that we can wash and reuse).
- Cook for 15 minutes and let cool
** we freeze these in a large freezer bag and microwave for 30 seconds. They keep really well and give us fresh muffins all week! This recipe makes one dozen! I usually double it to make more.
Would you try these yummy family approved snacks? Both of these recipes also help me get a little more good stuff into Liams diet. Right now if you download and use the Target app and the 10-15% offer on participating products (the Silk Almondmilk yogurt alternative and So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk are both participating).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Danone. The opinions and text are all mine.