This post is in partnership with Pampers, all opinions are my own!
Recently, I co-hosted a sprinkle for my sweet friend, Amanda. Amanda and I met about a year ago when Liam was six weeks old. She has a little boy, a little older than Liam, and is expecting a baby girl this summer. We threw her a sprinkle with spring in mind and all things pink and gold! I wanted to share a few of the fun things we did, and how you too, can throw a springtime baby sprinkle.
How To Throw A Spring Time Baby Sprinkle
- Think of the invitations: Since Amanda had tons of stuff like swings, bouncers, pack n plays, etc we knew she didn’t NEED a ton. But she can always use the essentials like diapers, wipes, and clothes for the new girl since she had a boy before. We noted that on the invitation. I found a cute little rhyme online and Andrew made the invitations. We noted that she had registered at a store but that diapers, wipes, outfits and gift cards were great ideas. She clearly had TONS of diapers. Pampers so generously provided a TON of diapers for me to gift her and I think she is set on newborns, and size 1 and 2 for quite a while. I did a mixture of Pampers Swaddlers and the brand new Pampers Pure Protection diapers (which we are currently using and LOVING).
- Games Galore: My co-host and I decided to do one game and a diaper raffle. Basically each person who brought diapers as a gift got a raffle ticket and at the end of the shower we drew for a $10 Starbucks gift card. A diaper raffle is an amazing way to encourage people to bring diapers without forcing them. I mean who doesn’t want to win a prize!? And what Mom doesn’t want more diapers? In fact, a Pampers study found that 9 out of 10 moms wish they had registered for more diapers. For the game, we kept it simple and did baby bingo. You fill out the blank form with items you think the person MAY receive and as they open gifts you cross it out just like you would for regular bingo. Then you win the same way across, down, or diagonal.
- Details: Details can really make someone feel special. For some sweet touches we had a ribbon banner made with baby girls monogram, a giant B for her first name, and sweet little girl quotes all around in frames. We also had a scrapbook station. Each person took a Polaroid pic with the mama to be then they had a note card to write advice, or a sweet message on and decorate their page with washi tape, stickers, and gel pens. The final super cute detail was the onesies we had made and hung up. They had cute sayings on them that completely fit Amanda’s personality.
- Food is key: For any shower/sprinkle/party you need to think of the food. You don’t want too much or too little. You want it to make sense for the people, time, and time of year. For this, we did pinwheels, a yogurt bar, mini cookies and brownies, a chocolate fountain with fruit and Rice Krispie treats, and a veggie tray. We also had mimosas, flavored water, and a selection of teas!
- Create a great gift: I feel like the gift the hostess(es) give should be awesome! I think back to my own baby shower and I was gifted our bassinet! Since Amanda didn’t need any big ticket items, I decided to create a basket of essentials as my gift. In the basket was (of course) Pampers diapers and wipes, boogie wipes, medicine, swaddles, pajamas, a set of moccasins, baby soap and shampoo, bows, socks, and more!
I know that Amanda had a great time and we all enjoyed chatting and spending time with each other. We can’t wait to meet baby girl and loved sprinkling her mama!
Thank you Pampers for partnering on this post. I am grateful to work with brands we truly love. Thank YOU guys for supporting the brands that support It Starts With Coffee.
Wait, is baby sprinkle a new name for a baby shower? Haha, it sounds so cute! The setup looks incredible and the food spread looks delicious, Neely. Well done! 🙂
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
A baby sprinkle is what you do when it’s someones second baby ….like a smaller shower
I love sprinkles, but I’ve only had one friend really do one – she had a boy first and then a girl too. Diapers are definitely a great gift, so diaper raffles are awesome. Love the scrapbook station idea!
I love the idea of a diaper raffle! Positive motivation!
I love the idea of a Sprinkle. I have never been to one! Its a wonderful idea to help a Mama out especially if its been years between children.
I’ve never been to a Sprinkle, but what a great idea! Now I’m trying to think of who I can host one for LOL
What an excellent idea! It seems like a sprinkle still allows family and friends to celebrate a new arrival, but without all of the big expectations of a standard baby shower. So fun!
Baby Sprinkle is a new word for me, thanks for the info and also the so cute ideas. I am done with two babies but maybe for my sister-in-law. I love the diaper raffle idea too. Diapers are an absolute item….it’s never enough.
Okay, this is my first time to hear of a baby sprinkle. I can’t wait to throw my first one!
Fun! Love the ribbon banner, so cute.
I did not know about that term, baby sprinkle until now. 🙂 Anyway, I think the baby sprinkle was a total success. I love going to parties like this and helping out a fellow mom with the essentials.
Spring is definitely the perfect time to throw a sprinkle! I am loving your details and decor!
I love the idea of a sprinkle and not a full blown shower. We found in the past that a lot of the gifts in a shower go unused.
This looks so cute! Love the monogrammed banner. A diaper raffle is definitely a great way to encourage everyone to bring diapers!
I love the idea of sprinkles! I had never heard of it before until a couple months ago. We didn’t get to have a baby shower with our daughter due to us living so far from friends and family so I’d really love to have our own little sprinkle if we end up having a second.
I have never heard of the term sprinkle before. Cute! Pampers always makes a great gift for new parents
Awwwww so cute!!!!! I’ve never been to a sprinkle before!!! Now I know how to plan one if I ever need to. Thanks 😉
So sweet, and diapers are the perfect gift for a sprinkle!