5.4.18 26

9 Things To Do By Noon Every Day

Whenever someone brings up being a morning person vs a night person I am quick to say I am a morning person. Being up late is not my preference ever. So I live for mornings! The earlier I get up and get productive the better I feel. Today I am sharing 9 things to do by noon every day. I promise you will feel better!

9 Things To Do By Noon Every Day

• Don’t Snooze: This is one thing I never do! But 5 minute increments of sleep are NOT good for you! If you are a snoozer try setting an alarm in your bathroom or across the room to decrease snoozing.
  • Take Care Of Your Skin: The first thing I do is brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I do my morning skincare routine. Taking care of your skin is such an important factor to every day. Make sure to top it off with some SPF!
  • Exercise: Even if it’s a 15 minute yoga session. It’s a great way to start your day! If you like yoga, this is my favorite Youtube yoga. This is also my favorite yoga mat!
  • Meditate: I use Headspace which I highly recommend!
  • Eat a good breakfast: I am shocked by the amount of people who don’t eat breakfast. I wasn’t much of a breakfast eater till college. Now I need to eat within 30 minutes of waking up or I don’t feel well. A healthy breakfast is even better!
  • Do Your Hardest Task of the day: Do you have something you are dreading? Invoices? Emails? Paying bills? Cleaning out your closet? Laundry? Or just something super hard? Do it first! Then it’s done, you are way less stressed because it isn’t weighing on you!
  • Straighten up: Dealing with a mess is NOT a great way to start your day. So in the morning straighten up the kitchen, your bathroom, etc, so that your space is clean to begin the day. Bonus if you do it the night before.
  • Make A List: I do this the night before as well but make a to-do list for the day! It will keep you on task and you won’t forget something important!
  • Get Dressed: Lastly, take a shower, get dressed! Or if you are a night shower person that is OK too! Just get dressed in something other than PJs. Even if it’s workout clothes just getting dressed and ready will make you feel great!

Are you more of a morning or night person? What is one thing you have to get done by noon every day?

1. I have a long way to go if I want to get these things done before the clock hits 12pm – that when I usually get up! Looks like I’ve got to rethink my lazy lifestyle, haha!

2. Megan wrote:

Yes! Love this list. I, too am a morning person. I have really found that if I just get up and get things accomplished, the day goes so much better.

Published 5.4.18
  3. I am a horrible mom and person because I do NONE of these! Maybe get dressed on occasion, but thats it. Guess I better get off my butt and get moving!

Published 5.4.18
  4. Great tips! I never hit snooze and I’m so glad I broke that habit when I was younger. And I’m totally with you about breakfast. If I don’t have breakfast, I’ll binge eat and that’s also NOT good!

– Amanda

5. Shannon Morscheck wrote:

These are all great suggestion! I don’t make a list every day, but maybe I should!~

6. Katrina wrote:

I am definitely a morning person (my favorite thing to do in the morning is make a to-do list!), but I’m also trying to embrace a little bit of laziness/relaxation in my daily routine. Not because I want to be lazy, but because I’m trying not to pressure myself too much into getting *everything* done! Sometimes you need a break and that’s okay, you know??

Published 5.4.18
  7. Mornings used to be my favorites but then I got pregnant and can not drag myself out of the bed in the mornings. I hit the snooze button more in the mornings than I ever did before but i’m beyond tired of that and ready to get my morning routine back. These tips are awesome for that!

Published 5.4.18
  8. It is SO hard to get out of bed in the mornings, but I’m always so glad when I get a great start to my day. Love this!

Published 5.4.18
  9. I am totally not a morning person but I do try to get certain things done when I get up to get them out of the way for the rest of the day!

10. Julie wrote:

I like to take care of dishes in the morning. It’s nice to have an empty dishwasher so I can fill it up throughout the day.

11. Brandy wrote:

This is such a great list. I need to be better about going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day so that I am not tempted to sleep til noon. Although, I rarely sleep til noon – maybe twice a month that happens.

12. Annemarie LeBlanc wrote:

I usually stay up late at night until around 7 am so by the time noon comes around, my energy level is really low. I guess if I had a different work schedule, these tips would work for me. I will share this with my daughter. She needs to really plan her day.

13. Heather wrote:

Ohh, I like this! My kids come home from school at 2:20 so I’ve got to hustle to fit in as much as I can by then. I love the idea of tackling the hardest task first. Then I can fill in with the easy stuff as family time allows.

Published 5.5.18
  14. Molly wrote:

Great tips, I always try and knock out my workout very early in the morning and eat a great breakfast after!

Published 5.5.18
  15. Scott wrote:

That last tip is so accurate. If I don’t get showered/dressed right away, before I know it it will be 4pm and I’m still in my PJ’s!

Published 5.5.18
  16. Alix Maza wrote:

I’m such a night person! I try to exercise in the morning tho.

Published 5.5.18
  17. ellen beck wrote:

I tend to be a nightowl but I am up way before noon and end up taking a nap. We spend a lot of time outdoors and really by the time I get inside some days I am whipped. I get a dinner together, maybe laundry. My day starts by feeding animals- I feed 2 feral cat colonies and have my own pets. They have to be fed and watered daily. Winter is tougher of course deling with oce and snow. We supplement with wood, so all year we do wood.
    Today for example we split wood, and stacked about a month’s worth.
    Then I want o comment on some blogs… its 8:30pm, and I havent gotten a nap in, its too late. BUT I got a ton done, I always do it’s just everything isnt spotless inside because I was outside all day.

Published 5.5.18
  18. Love this list! Washing my face, brushing my teeth, and dressing in exercise clothes are some of the first things I like to do in the morning as well. It gets me going, and I always do better when I eat breakfast as far as making better food choices throughout the day!

Published 5.6.18
  19. I’m a bit of both – my friend and I always joke that we’re late afternoon people though. LOL I do agree about getting up and getting dressed. I can’t just sit around in my PJs.

-Lauren

Published 5.6.18
  20. I agree with doing the hardest task first! I love how getting that dreaded thing done and over with feels, and it often energizes me to get more done throughout the day!

-Jennifer

Published 5.6.18
  21. jamie wrote:

I like the ideas, I just dont ever think I can stop the snoozing. Thankfully I have only 24 days of a 6:15 wake up left ever!

Published 5.7.18
  22. I’m more of a morning person! I love staying up late to hang out with people, but I definitely prefer getting up early. Then I can get lots done before the day REALLY begins 😉
    <3 Brooklyn | latidoblog.weebly.com

Published 5.11.18
  23. Don’t forget to make your bed! It will get the feeling of organized accomplishment started off right away in the morning and when you go to bed, it feels fresh, more comfortable and easier to drift off.

Published 8.6.18
  24. P. wrote:

…what about going to work? Don’t have time to clean up a little this or that..have to catch the bus…. 🙂

Published 8.10.18
  25. Sania wrote:

Nice List, I need to be better about going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day so that I am not tempted to sleep til noon.

Published 8.17.18
  26. Sara wrote:

This was so helpful. I do a couple of these, but I will try the others. I am honestly not sure if I’m a morning person or a night owl. I think I am both.

Published 6.4.19