Becoming a mom has been an amazing experience for me. Liam brings endless amounts of joy and fun to my life, and I couldn’t feel more lucky to be his mom. One thing about becoming a new mom is that your time for self care becomes less and less. I want to talk about a few ways to have some new mom self care time today.
New Mom Self Care
- Take a walk/workout: We go for walks every day as long as it isn’t raining. If the weather is bad we go somewhere like Target or the mall and walk around for an hour or so. I feel like getting in those steps is so important for my mental state. I love to workout and while I have a little less than 2 weeks before I will be cleared for full workouts, walking makes me feel good about myself. Because of this, I feel I am a better mom to Liam.
- Have a LONG shower or bath: The day I got home from the hospital I showered for 30 minutes. It felt amazing! I never felt really clean at the hospital so that shower was much needed. I even got to try out some of the new Philosophy 6 piece shower gel collection. The Six delicious scents include:
- Basil cucumber cooler: cucumber, crushed basil, orange juice, bergamot, rose, cyclamen, eucalyptus, sweet moss, creamy woods, liquid amber
- Iced mint lemonade: sugar-dusted lemon and crushed mint
- Chilled ginger tea: a refreshing blend of jeweled ginger, bergamot, and juicy mandarin balanced with iced mate tea, Moroccan jasmine, and cyclamen. notes of benzoin, warm musk, and sunlit woods create a comforting close
- Fresh cream and mint: enjoy the essence of fresh whipped crème with an indulging blend of peppermint and creamy vanilla
- Marzipan dream: cozy pistachio warmth, creamy soft vanilla
- Apricots and cream: fresh apricot, creamy vanilla, sweet sugar
It is the perfect pick-me-up for a sweet and delicious shower or bath experience. Lather up with Philosophy’s extra-rich and luxurious 3-in-1 shower gel formula. The multitasking formula cleanses and conditions skin and hair, while providing a rich, foaming lather. Surround yourself with these delicious scents, designed to let you indulge without the calories as you lather. QVC offers the largest assortment of Philosophy, bringing you multi-tasking, approachable, and affordable skincare for all ages, skin types, and genders. My personal favorites are fresh cream and mint, apricots and cream, and basil cucumber cooler. Treating yourself to a yummy bath or shower when some days you feel less than attractive is really nice.
- Get Out Of The House: I try to get out of the house by myself at least once a week even if it’s just an hour and I’m going to Target. I’ve gone for mani/pedi’s, walks along, a trip to the grocery store, etc. It’s important for new moms to have time away and for dads to have quality time bonding with the baby as well. The first time I left Liam I missed him so much and I do every single time. However, I know it’s good for him to have a mom that is her best self, and having time to myself makes me just that.
What do you think a good way for new mom self care is?
I’m sharing #Philosophy in my life as part of a Philosophy sponsored series for Socialstars™