5.14.18 24

Summer To Do List With Toddlers

I feel like something my friends and I discuss all the time is what to do with our toddlers this summer. Even though the days aren’t much different than during the year, they are just so much more active now. My once content to chill baby is go go go nonstop! So today I am sharing our summer to do list with toddlers!

Summer To Do List (With Toddlers)

Splash Pad: We are super lucky in that our neighborhood has a lot of pools and a few of them have splash pads! So we can literally walk down the street and we have one. There is also a lot of cover over the kids pool and kids area. We plan to spend a ton of time there.

Story time: Both libraries near our house have story time weekly and a lot of my momma friends go with their littles. There is even a story time at a local coffee shop. Highly suggest looking into local story times! Great way to connect with other moms too!

Train Rides: This is a little further out of the way but about an hour from us is a Thomas The Train area with train rides. I would love to take Liam. Closer to us a local outdoor mall has train rides. Liam is really into choo choos!

Kids Crafts: Somethings we plan to do at home and with friends this summer is more art fun!

Stroller walks: Every Monday my moms group has stroller walking at a different area or trail and we love going with our friends and then playing after. We also love meeting up with other friends to walk during the week!

Park Days: We have lots of parks in our neighborhood too and they are a great way to get energy out before dinner time!

Sensory Fun: We have been working on sensory bins and I found a ton of great ideas on Pinterest.  Great idea for toddlers!

Outside Play: We got Liam a fun outdoor play set and he has a swing too. We also have a slide for him and a water table. AKA endless toddler outside fun!

Pool Time: On a note above with the splash pad we also plan to spend tons of time at my dad’s pool and the pool at my gym!

Mall time: When it gets too hot we head to the mall for story times, puppet shows, and just walking around people watching. Liam loves it!

What is something on your summer to do list?

1. When I was a kid, summer days like these were my favourite! I love these ideas, no doubt the whole family would enjoy them. 🙂

2. Annemarie LeBlanc wrote:

Thanks for this list of activities for toddlers. We may be babysitting our grandchildren for two weeks this summer. These activities will keep them busy, happy and entertained!

3. Wendy wrote:

When my kids were little we used to love to go to the park where they had a huge sprinkler set up and we also went to the library a lot during the summer. And of course we got ice cream probably daily

4. Jenn wrote:

love this list. I’m definitely sharing with friends that have littles.

5. Katie wrote:

These are great ideas! While I don’t have a kid, my boyfriend and I love taking his dog for nice long walks in the warmer weather!

6. Great ideas for fun with toddlers. Enjoy the time they are young

7. Krystin wrote:

These are all great ideas, definitely going to keep this in mind for my cousins!

Published 5.14.18
  8. Definitely tons of outdoor time please!

9. Lisa Clark wrote:

This is great! So many wonderful ideas here to make summer extra fun with your little ones.

10. Jaime wrote:

Our local splash pad is a must! We’re traveling a good bit in June, but I need to come up with a list of activities for July and August. I love that you have a group to do stroller walks with!

11. Joline wrote:

Splash pads and pool time are always a hit with my nephew and nieces. As for me, I’m looking forward to lots of bike rides and picnics and sunshine.

Published 5.14.18
  12. We just got a scooter for our 2 year old, and then I went out and got one for myself. It’s now our favorite past time activity and dad wants one too~

Published 5.14.18
  13. The train rides sound like so much fun, and perfect if you have older kids too. This list is getting me in the summer mood!

-Jennifer

14. Brandy wrote:

I sometimes miss having toddlers. My kids enjoyed so much during the summer season as toddlers, now they’re not into much. Working on ideas to do, I will share this list for toddlers with my local friend who has a toddler.

Published 5.14.18
  15. All great ideas! My mom is getting my two year old niece a water table for her birthday next month (well, she turns 2 then) and I’m sure she’ll love it.

Published 5.14.18
  16. We have zoo passes, so we plan on spending lots of time there! I love all of your ideas! I have to modify some of them with twin 21-month-olds, though – they are so FAST these days! In some instances I don’t feel like one adult is enough!

17. My Teen Guide wrote:

These activities will keep any toddler busy, happy and entertained throughout the summer! My kids loved the splash park when they were young! We also took long walks and talked about curious things we found along the path. It was exercise and learning at the same time.

Published 5.15.18
  18. Denise C wrote:

I love these suggestions. Get them used to playing outside and being active now, and they’ll want to do that every year!

Published 5.15.18
  19. brianne wrote:

This is such a great list of activities to do with toddlers! Ice cream is definitely on our list this summer as well!

Published 5.15.18
  20. Elizabeth wrote:

Don’t forget camping! I’ve been taking my kids camping ever since they were babies – they love it!

Published 5.15.18
  21. Such a great list!! We plan to do so much of this this summer with our toddler as well. I’m actually in the process of creating our summer bucket list since it’s our last summer living here in San Diego. It should be a good summer! 🙂

Published 5.15.18
  22. Peter wrote:

We are anxiously awaiting the beach! There are four of them around us. I love taking the kids to the park on the cloudy days too

Published 5.15.18
  23. This reminds me of when the girls were younger. We practically lived at our local splash pad when the warmer season would hit.

Published 5.15.18