We are a big football loving family. Saturdays are for college games and Sundays for NFL! With that comes lots of times heading to friends or families houses or having people over to watch games. One of our favorite things to make to enjoy with our friends and family is guacamole! Hello, we’re Texans! Recently we got the opportunity to see how amazing the selection of produce was at Save-A-Lot (we went to a location in Downtown Dallas) and we got everything we needed for the delicious tailgate guacamole recipe!
Tailgate Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup of minced red onion
- 1/2 chopped tomato (with seeds removed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grated black pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half. Then remove the avocado seed and skin. Place into a bowl.
- Dice half a ripe tomato and remove as much liquid and seeds as possible to prevent a runny guacamole. The seeds can also be bitter.
- Dice the remaining onion and garlic and put into the bowl. Add fresh lime juice.
- Start mashing it all up. Be sure to leave some lumps though!
- It should begin to look like guacamole. At this point I add the salt and tasted often to ensure I have the right amount.
It’s super easy to make and a crowd pleaser for sure! This is not something you will have leftovers of.
I had not been to a Save-A-Lot much before only a few times but we will be back for sure. Not only do they have private brands but they also have national brands that we’ve all used a ton of times. At Save-A-Lot, they keep the customer’s budget in mind by offering up to 40% lower prices than conventional grocery stores. So if you are a family on a budget this is perfect for you and a store you should for sure check out. We found the customer service to be amazing and the people to be super helpful! Their highly efficient supply chain enables them to sell at prices well below other retailers, and then customers can use the money we save for other things that are important to us; necessities or fun times!!!
I am giving away 2 $25 Save-A-Lot gift cards to 2 readers! All you have to do is comment below and tell me what your favorite tailgate recipe is! I will pick the winners and email them!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.