9.17.14 51

Wedding Wednesday: 3.5 weeks

weddingwednesday

Oh lord you guys I have 3.5 weeks till my wedding! This may be my last or one of my last Wedding Wednesday posts. Scary to think we’ve been engaged for 9 months! WHAT?! How did that happen already? We got our bands, marriage license and Andrews tux done in one day 2 weeks ago. Then of course there was my wreck. During all of this we’ve been helping my mom move, Andrew’s parents have been building a new house and this year my dad renovated and moved into a new condo. Yeah we couldn’t have more going on if we tried.

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 1.01.25 PM

(yes I look a hot mess)

I am starting to make a honeymoon packing list so if you have any ideas or links to share with me please do. 9 days in Hawaii for us so that’s a lot to pack!

We have our final walkthrough tomorrow at our venue. Then next week I have my final dress fitting. Crazy to think all these things are FINAL appointments. I went from thinking it would never get here to trying to enjoy every last second of being engaged. We have been watching lots of movies together, and soaking up all of the downtime we can.

When we get back from our honeymoon we both have a lot of traveling through the end of the year into next year.

Not sure when life will slow down for us. But it’s good and we love it. I have loved my time engaged to Andrew and I am so looking forward to wife life.

What were you doing the last few weeks of your engagement?

1. Sara wrote:

Oh girl. I was so busy!! Our program doubled in size, and I was trying to hire and train all new employees. My FINAL fitting was 5 days before the wedding because I kept dropping weight. We didn’t know if the best man was actually going to show up or not because he wouldn’t respond to phone calls or texts. We were canceling our AMAZING honeymoon because of work and trying to schedule a smaller trip (and there were LOTS of tears on my part). In short, it was CRAZY… but all I remember is how amazing that day was. (Really THOUGH.)

2. Megan wrote:

Ahhhh! You’re so close! I was pretty much done with everything but a month or so out. Just relax and enjoy:)

Published 9.17.14
  3. Oh how fun!! Congratulations!

4. Patti wrote:

The last weeks before the wedding? Going crazy over last minute details and wishing we had eloped!

Published 9.17.14
  5. So excited for you! This is such a wonderful time in a young couples life. Savor it and take it all in! Remember to breathe, slow down and really enjoy your wedding. Talk to your friends and family and EAT. You have worked so hard don’t let it be a blur. We’ve been married 28 years and I still remember everything from pancakes with my bridesmaids and parents to the wedding night. Good luck and we want to see all of the wonderful photos! You will love Hawaii!

6. Colleen wrote:

I am so excited for you! hope you’re feeling better! Thinking of you today…

7. gina wrote:

Best of luck. Enjoy EVERY minute of it. It’s a fabulous time in your life that you should truly cherish.

8. Melissa wrote:

Congratulations! We had a very small, simple wedding so there wasn’t a great deal of planning required. But we didn’t live together before we were married so we did have to move him in.

Published 9.17.14
  9. I was super busy in the weeks before my wedding! We got married on New Year’s Eve so the week before was christmas! Imagine that LOL! You life is going to slow down as soon as your wedding is over and trust me you will miss it! For the honeymoon do not forget to pack some “fun” stuff for the nights! Hawaii is VERY romantic 😉

Published 9.17.14
  10. Eeek! So exciting! Enjoy your time and your big day! Congrats!
    xoxo
    The Accidental Mama

Published 9.17.14
  11. I think my husband and I were just waiting, working and watching the clock tick away. After our wedding we laid sod in our back yard.. so glamorous.

Published 9.17.14
  12. How fun!! Definitely enjoy it because the day goes by so fast and then you are going to want it back!!!

In the last few weeks of wedding planning, I was trying hard to delegate tasks, creating timelines for the day of so that all important family members and the wedding party knew where to be and when. I also created a list of what pictures I wanted so that we could quickly fly through those family pictures. I also made sure that my photographer was on my Pinterest account so he could see what I was looking for (this was amazing and I am so glad he looked at my photography board!), and we also figured out who was in charge of what at the reception (we did our own food). It was crazy, crazy, crazy but was also just so perfect!

ENJOY! : )

13. Angelic Sinova wrote:

This is so exciting! Everything is falling into place <3

Published 9.17.14
  14. This is the exciting part! Everything is coming in such a rush! You will have a great time. And you’ll probably remember to pack everything 😉

15. Fi wrote:

I hope you have an amazing wedding! So jealous that you’re going to Hawaii, it’s my dream to go there 🙂

16. Sam wrote:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How exciting!

17. Nancy wrote:

I wasn’t really engaged when we got married (In December 2013). We planned our wedding in SIX days, and my now husband got down on one knee a day before the wedding.

As for tips with helping you how to pack for your honeymoon – my friend Jessica on http://www.teamwiking.com has amazing ‘travel light’ posts.

Published 9.17.14
  18. They say time flies when you’re having fun! You will be enjoying your Honeymoon in no time. The last couple of weeks and days prior to our wedding, we were running around crazy doing all sorts of things, just like you. Have fun and cherish every busy moment!

19. Meg O. wrote:

OMG I can’t believe it’s so close!!! I’m sad I’ll be missing it. I am also super jealous of your Hawaii honeymoon!!

20. Erica wrote:

I’ve been married for five years now, and sometimes I still miss planning my wedding. Such a fun experience! 🙂

Published 9.17.14
  21. Sounds like you’ve got a lot on your plate! I know many people who have gotten married and been super busy the last few weeks, but it all works out 🙂 Good luck with everything and I’m sure your wedding will be beautiful and magical!

22. Maryann wrote:

Hope you have a flawless, problem free wedding day!

23. Linda Kay wrote:

How fun for you. My last two weeks before my wedding included getting back to Illinois from California where I went to college, then final dress fittings, then packing to go back to CA. Ugh!That was #1
    #2 Wedding I was working right up until the wedding, smaller and more intimate, but to the best guy in the world.

24. Chelsea wrote:

So soon! You’ll be breathing such a sigh of relief when it’s all done 🙂

25. Andi wrote:

Congrats! I have been to Hawaii twice this year and did some interesting thing In Maui and the Big Island – maybe some will interest you: http://misadventureswithandi.com/tag/hawaii

26. Julie wrote:

Must haves for your honeymoon (and you may think I’m crazy on some of this but trust me, after traveling out of the country the past few years we’ve learned our lesson):

* bug spray – in case you hike or are outside for picnics, luaus, etc. Trust me on this, we came home this last trip with sand flea bites, it wasn’t pretty.
    * a watch – because there’s not always clocks up at hotels, resorts you are staying at
    * poncho or hooded jacket – you just never know with the weather
    * digital water proof camera – the disposable ones will not develop pretty pics, at least not the Fujifilm ones.

Have fun – best wishes!

27. Lexy wrote:

So fun! Congratulations! Enjoy these last few weeks. And take the time to think about your upcoming marriage. Some gals feel really let down after all of the joy of wedding planning is over so it’s a great idea to spend the last weeks focusing on the marriage not the wedding to help the transition!

28. Amy wrote:

Savor the moment because the day comes and goes so fast.

29. Brenda wrote:

Congratulations!

30. Amanda Love wrote:

I couldn’t give tips for Hawaii since I’ve never been there but I hear it’s really lovely and should be lots of fun. Congrats!

Published 9.18.14
  31. LIV wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Glad your finding time to enjoy each other!!! several of my friends that have been where you are where so frazzle at this point LOL!! enjoy!

Published 9.18.14
  32. Amby Felix wrote:

YAY! Almost time!!!! ^_^

Published 9.18.14
  33. I was going crazy with last minute details. And I actually have something perfect to help you with packing! http://www.teamwiking.com/2012/09/26/travel-light-10-days-hawaii-kauai/

Published 9.18.14
  34. Such an exciting time! Enjoy this special time leading up to your big day.

Published 9.18.14
  35. ananda wrote:

congrats neely!! savor each moment!

Published 9.19.14
  36. Kait wrote:

Enjoy every moment! The weather here has been great so I can recommend just packing a lot of swimsuits, cover-ups and flip flops. People here ARE NOT FANCY. I repeat: People here do not appreciate heels or ballgowns. Don’t forget to pack sneakers for any hiking and bugspray! We’re coming into our rainy season so the bugs have been a bit worse than usual!

Published 9.19.14
  37. You are so close to getting married! This is such an exciting time!

Published 9.19.14
  38. Samantha wrote:

So exciting!!! I never had a traditional wedding so I have no idea how any of this works 😉 I can’t wait to see pictures!

Published 9.20.14
  39. oh this is so exciting your so close, looking forward to seeing the photo’s 🙂

Published 9.20.14
  40. kendall wrote:

3.5 weeks? It will go by SO fast! So excited for you!

Published 9.20.14
  41. Raewyn wrote:

Oh my god this is so exciting!!! Planning a wedding is so awesome (and stressful!) but the last month should be a blast so try to revel in each moment!!

Published 9.20.14
  42. myrabev wrote:

awwww so happy for you, glad all seems to be ticking over just finee. God’s richest blessings for you both x

Published 9.20.14
  43. You definitely couldn’t be busier! I’m glad things are going well, accidents notwithstanding, and I wish you well in your final preparations!

Published 9.20.14
  44. Congrats!!!! Remember your priorities during the last few days before the wedding. You of course want a FAB day, but it’s your relationships with your loved ones and your hubby to be that is MOST important. It will all work out.

Thrifting Diva

Published 9.20.14
  45. Avie T wrote:

Yay congrats!! Its going to feeling amazing when it all comes together! It seems like you are handling the business well!!

Published 9.20.14
  46. Nikki Rae wrote:

Congratulations! The day goes so fast so try to remember every little thing. Leading up to our wedding, I was busy finalizing some of our bills and putting together our program. The wedding day was amazing, but every day since has been an adventure that I’m lucky enough to share with my best friend.

Published 9.21.14
  47. I don’t remember what I was doing during the final weeks of singledom. I just remember being excited – majorly excited! Enjoy it all. Nine days in Hawaii is going to be awesome!

Published 9.22.14
  48. I was completely panicking! I had “planned” our wedding the whole four months we were engaged… unfortunately I’m not good with execution! About 4 weeks before our big day, my (now husband) took over! I told him exactly what I wanted and he got it done!

Published 9.22.14
  49. The last few weeks of my engagement we were getting plans squared away to host 50 people out of the country. It was crazy but awesome! I got married in Cabo. Enjoy these last weeks…they will fly by. Xo

Published 9.24.14
  50. lisa wrote:

Just came across your blog for Wedding Wednesday! Love it! Congrats on your upcoming Wedding!

Published 9.24.14
  51. Jessica wrote:

So close! Congrats to you both!

Published 9.24.14