I have no idea how it’s been 12 years since I started this blog. This blog has definitely had different areas of focus, different names even in that time but I have remained consistent and truly can’t imagine not doing this. I had no idea 12 years ago that it would be my full-time job ever let alone for the last 7 years! I want to share 12 tips with you guys that I have learned and that have kept me going over these years!
12 Years and 12 Tips
- It’s OK to have no idea what you’re doing. Most people don’t when they start.
- Don’t go into blogging for the money, sure it’s great but always remember why you started.
- Don’t get bogged down on numbers. It’s easy to mentally go there but remember that things aren’t always what they seem.
- If it isn’t a hell yeah, it’s a no. That goes for everything!
- Be careful with who you let in, people have to earn trust.
- Be persistent!
- Work hard and be nice to people along the way. PR people move around a lot and they remember the influencers that treat them well.
- Always be willing to negotiate but don’t devalue your worth.
- Your time and experience MATTERS!
- Just because you have a public platform does not mean you owe anyone every detail of your life.
- Give yourself a break at least once a year! You don’t always need to be ON.
- Try to keep some semblance of normal office hours. Don’t be available 24/7.
Take these tips for what they are worth. Just my experience but I would like to think after 12 years I have a few good nuggets of knowledge to share!
Thank you so much for reading along these past 12 years. It means the absolute world to me.