I love a good productive weekend. Something about going to bed Sunday night knowing I have gotten a ton accomplished makes me feel so good. I really make the most of every weekend and try to get a lot done. This always makes my week easier and probably why I really don’t ever feel the Sunday Scaries. These are 19 productive things to do every weekend that will probably help you too!
19 Productive Things To Do Every Weekend
- Change sheets: I love clean sheets and would argue there are very few things that feel better than getting into your bed with clean sheets.
- Grocery shop: We always grocery shop on weekends and stock up for the week. Nothing is worse than having to rush to grocery shop on a Monday.
- Meal plan/prep: We also meal plan and prep foods on weekends. I usually make egg breakfast muffins for Liam, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, cut up veggies and fruits, etc.
- Do laundry: Starting the week off with clean laundry is key!
- Clean: We also make sure to clean up around the house.
- Declutter: Weekends are a great time to get decluttering done. Donate items, put items in the attic you don’t need right now, etc.
- Go through your purse: I love to start my week out by cleaning out my purse. Throwing receipts away, trash, etc.
- Make a to-do list: For the next week! I have a large one for the week and small one for each day I add to as the week progresses.
- Run any errands: Ship packages, make returns, get gas, etc. I love getting all of this done on the weekends so I can enjoy my week more.
- Do a workout: Or two! Something about weekend workouts make me feel super productive. They are the bonus workout!
- See a family member: This is a great time to see grandparents, or parents you don’t get to see as much.
- Go for a family walk: We love doing this when the weather is nice. It also crosses working out off the list. Trust me pushing a stroller up a hill is a workout.
- Attack one area of your house for a deep clean: Maybe deep clean your fridge, or a drawer, or clean out your closet. Take one area of space in the house and make it cleaner and more organized.
- Mark things off your to-do list: Going back to running errands – this is a good time to mark stuff off a bigger to-do list if you have them. We have a to-do list of random stuff around the house we like to get done and take the weekends to do one or two of those things.
- Do some of the laundry you don’t usually do: This is a great time to wash blankets from the couch, pillows, towels, etc. Anything you don’t wash as much.
- Disconnect: Take one of the days or an afternoon and unplug and disconnect. You’ll feel so much more refreshed.
- Work on a hobby: Do you knit, sew, craft, bake? Take the weekend and work on one of your hobbies.
- Read: I love using an hour or two on the weekends to read. Such a nice way to unwind.
- Recharge: Take a nap, do a face mask. Do something that helps you recharge! You will feel amazing for the next week!
I hope this inspired you to have a productive weekend next weekend and perhaps implement some of these things into your schedule.
What would you add to this list?