It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since I posted my 2018 goals. In some ways this year flew by. I went from having this 10 month old baby to an almost 2 year old who goes 100 miles an hour all day long. I turned 34 and we celebrated 4 years of marriage. We traveled a ton and had amazing memories made along the way. But before I get too sappy I want to reflect on my 2018 goals and share my 2019 goals.
2019 Goals and 2018 Goals Reflection
In 2018 I wanted to…
- Read 60 books (too high?) – I think I read about 50 ish. I could have done better and if we count books I reread (guilty). I read way more than 60!
- Have a more successful year blogging than the past one. Yes I did 🙂
- Work with 2 brands on my dream list. I worked with SO MANY brands I had been dying to work with. So blessed and grateful!
- Continue a great exercise and healthy eating lifestyle. Yes, I feel like I got stronger this year and that was my plan.
- Find a new workout class I love and go once or twice a week. I started a yoga class, but I don’t go as often as I would like.
- Have 2 date nights a month with Andrew every month this year and alternate planning them. We did really well on dates, but Liam was also sick a ton after school started which made it hard to have 2 dates every month.
- Find the best Mother’s Day Out program for Liam and get him acclimated well. Yes we LOVE Liam’s school, and we are so glad he will be there until after Kinder!
- Take Liam to more places in Dallas on my 101 in 1001 list. This year Liam went to the Perot Museum, Arboretum more, Aquarium, restaurants, and more!
- Go on two trips. One with Andrew only and one with Andrew and Liam. Add in be OK with leaving Liam with grandparents over night! Andrew and I went to Tampa alone and we took Liam to New York, Asheville, and DC!
- Work towards my social media growth goals. Yes I did!!
- Cross at least 25 things off my 101 in 1001 list. I crossed off 19 things this year. SO not exactly what I wanted but I am really ok with it.
In 2019 I want to…
- Read 60 books
- If I am lucky enough to get pregnant have a much healthier pregnancy this time around and not eat ALL THE THINGS. Make sure if I get pregnant I continue with safe workouts.
- Continue with yoga and improve my practice and start attending more barre classes again
- Grow social media numbers
- Work with 5 NEW brands
- Cross 20 things off my 101 in 1001 list
- Take a vacation with just Andrew and one with Liam as well
- Take Liam to Austin again
- Have a more successful business year than the previous year
- Find a way to make our rooms more organized as a whole. I feel like we have too much clutter in closets and they could use better shelving/organization.
Yes a lot of these goals are similar but here’s the thing. My goals don’t need to be different each year completely. I really want to improve upon things each year. Being healthy is always going to be a goal, as is having a more successful business year. It would be silly for those to not be goals. I think as I’ve gotten older I have realized goals don’t need to change and be different. Some goals are always going to just be improving.
A lot of my focus is on health and fitness and I think a good thing to do is outfit yourself with some new gear. Since Andrew and I want to stay healthy together in the new year I got him some new shorts and I got myself some new sneakers, and a top! I felt like it was a small thing to give us a little extra motivation in the new year!
What is one of your 2019 goals?
Thank you adidas for partnering on this post and supporting healthy goals in 2019!