Happy Happy New Year friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Years. We did a puzzle and went to bed early cause #parentlife. I can’t believe it’s already time to share my 2018 goals! I am sharing January Goals this week too! But first things first, let’s look at my 2018 goals and a final check in on how 2017 went.
In 2017 I wanted to…
- Read 50 books. With a new baby this already seems daunting. So I didn’t read 50 but I was close, and for having a baby I feel like I did better than I expected.
- Continue to blog full time. Again with a new baby I really hope I can grow my blog even more than I did this year. Yes and it was a great year with awesome opportunities.
- Lose baby weight in a healthy way and keep up with it. Yes I lost 73 lbs! 73!!!! That is so huge for me and I did it in the healthiest way. It took me NEARLY 9 months to get where I wanted but I’m in the best shape of my life!
- Focus on health more than a number and make sure we are all eating healthy. I did focus on the number a lot but I tried to focus on how things fit and how I felt more.
- Spend quality time with Andrew and really focus on our relationship. We did! We had a lot of date nights once we felt OK leaving Liam for a bit and we tried to have a lot of time together at home. I feel like having a baby has really made our relationship better.
- Go on at least 2 trips with Andrew and baby boy. We took Liam to Houston a few times to see family, to Austin for a week this month, to the lake, and to Chicago when Andrew went for business.
- Get a few house projects done that we’ve been wanting to do. I mean we got some small things done but there are bigger DIY things we really want to do.
- Continue to be more financially aware of spending. Yes. I try VERY hard to focus on needs.
All in all I think I did really well!
In 2018 I want to…
- Read 60 books (too high?)
- Have a more successful year blogging than the past one.
- Work with 2 brands on my dream list.
- Continue a great exercise and healthy eating lifestyle.
- Find a new workout class I love and go once or twice a week.
- Have 2 date nights a month with Andrew every month this year and alternate planning them.
- Find the best Mother’s Day Out program for Liam and get him acclimated well.
- Take Liam to more places in Dallas on my 101 in 1001 list.
- Go on two trips. One with Andrew only and one with Andrew and Liam. Add in be OK with leaving Liam with grandparents over night!
- Work towards my social media growth goals.
- Cross at least 25 things off my 101 in 1001 list.
Something new this year is giving myself a word for the year. I see SO MANY people do this. My word for 2018 is balance. I need more of it in my life. Balance of work and life. Balance of time with my family, my friends, and for myself. Balance in indulging vs, restricting. Just balance all around.
I would love to know what some of your 2018 goals are!