Well friends, this is my last post for the year. After today there will be no new blog posts until January 4th! I have done this the past few years and honestly it’s a great refresh and allows me to be extra present with my family for a couple of weeks. I wanted my last post of the year to be my 2021 goals and my 2020 reflections. Obviously, when I wrote out my 2020 goals no one knew what 2020 would look like so I am interested to see if I have met them or not.
2021 Goals + 2020 Reflections
In 2020 I wanted to…
- Read 50 books (2 kids so I’m trying to be realistic): I definitely did this and then some. I have shared some of my favorite books here.
- Lose all the baby weight in a healthy way and feel good about myself in the process: I am about 3 lbs away from where I would like to be and I feel really good about my progress. I think I could work on getting away from the number on the scale mattering.
- Do yoga once a week even if it’s at home: This was a big fail. I have done yoga but not consistently.
- Do barre once a week even if it’s at home: Yes this I did and for a few months its all I did besides walk.
- Try to be more relaxed with Charlotte than I was with Liam as an infant: For sure did this. That girl is wild and into everything so I kind of have to be more relaxed. But I also stress about things less like dropping naps, or bottles, or is she eating enough.
- Get out of the house with the baby as much as possible while Liam is in school: Well I was really good about this pre Covid. Obviously with Covid I haven’t really taken her anywhere. We are very strict about not taking the kids too many places.
- Take a vacation with Andrew: We did go to Laguna Nigel, CA earlier this year and it was wonderful.
- Take both kids to Houston at least once: We did go to Houston literally the weekend before Covid started getting crazy and things shut down.
- Cross 15 new things off my 101 in 1001 list: Yes, I have crossed 8 off my most recent one and crossed a lot off the previous one before it ended.
- Work with 5 New brands: Yes I worked with a total of 32 new brands this year.
- Have a more successful 2020 than 2019 business-wise: Sadly, due to Covid my income was down. Not a crazy amount but like most people it took a small hit.
- Spend a lot of time with my grandparents: Yes we see them nearly every week and it has been wonderful.
- Make myself and self-care/my health a priority daily (walk 10K steps, drink lots of water, take vitamins, etc): Yes yes yes to all of this. But my mental self-care really needs to be worked on.
In 2021 I want to…
- Read 65 books
- Get my focus away from the number on the scale and focus on how I feel in my clothes
- Work on not being a perfectionist
- If possible take one vacation with Andrew and one with the kids (Covid depending)
- Get Charlotte prepared to start MDO in August
- Work with 10 new brands
- Have a more successful year than the previous business-wise
- Have more one-on-one time with my parents
- Make dates with Andrew a priority in our marriage
- Cross 25 things off my 101 in 1001 list
- Focus on meditation more and try to meditate 4 times a week
- Focus on yoga and try to do yoga twice a week
Each year I try to pick a word of the year. This year my word is NO. This sounds really strange but hear me out. I say YES to way too much and overwhelm myself with responsibilities for things I don’t need to do. I do not need to be on every committee. I do not need to go to every event. What I do need to do is say YES to the things that bring me joy and fill me up and say NO to the things that do not.
Well, that’s it friends. I hope this inspires some of you to make some goals for the new year and if you do I would love to know about it!
What is ONE of your 2021 goals??