Today is my 34th birthday. Crazy to think the first birthday post I wrote on this blog I was turning 26. That feels like a lifetime ago. I often think about my 20’s and the things I should change or do differently, then I remember that my life wouldn’t be what it is today. So today, in honor of turning 34, I am sharing 34 things I’ve learned in 34 years that are mostly life lessons, advice, etc.
34 Things I’ve Learned in 34 Years
- Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.
- Never go to sleep with your makeup on… no matter how tired… or drunk you are.
- Invest in timeless pieces not trends. That super popular handbag may seem cool but it won’t be next year. Buy the knockoff and invest in something that will stand the test of time like an amazing leather jacket, or classic pumps.
- Call your parents… and grandparents as much as you can.
- Spend time with them too, you’ll regret the days you didn’t.
- Friends come and go but family is everything.
- Some people truly are just meant to be in your life for a fraction of time. Love them, embrace them, and let them go when you need to.
- Becoming a mother will humble you in more ways than you ever imagined.
- There are VERY few things that a venting session can’t solve.
- Sometimes it’s OK to unplug
- Don’t underestimate how good it will feel to go to sleep early.
- Don’t carry credit card debt, it always catches up with you.
- Love fiercely.
- Personal growth and learning never ever stop so embrace it.
- Everyone needs alone time, don’t worry about what others are doing, check in with yourself more.
- Chipped nails are never a good look
- Invest in jeans that make you feel amazing.
- What others say about you has NOTHING to do with you and EVERYTHING to do with them
- Hurting people hurt people
- Most of what you read online about other people is NOT true, take it with a grain or pound of salt
- Going to movies alone is THE BEST
- The same goes for traveling alone
- But nothing beats traveling with those you love and experiencing new places together
- Marriage is a lot of compromise and reminding yourself “this is not the hill I want to die on today”
- It’s 100% worth the “work”
- Find your passion, strive to meet your goals every day
- Reward yourself
- Treat others the way you want to be treated #goldenrule
- Figuring out your wine of choice makes you realize you’re an adult
- Go to the doctor, and dentist, and eye dr when you’re supposed to. Don’t put it off.
- Apply the sunscreen, embrace the pale
- Your natural beauty tops any product
- Weight is just a number, if you feel great that’s what matters
- You are ONLY as old as YOU feel
I hope you can find a little fun advice or helpful tips in the 34 things I’ve learned in 34 years.
I would LOVE to know something you’ve learned that you’d want to share with others!