10.13.17 16

7 Excuses To Stop Making

Excuses Excuses. We are all human and we all make them. But you know what, there are some excuses in life you and I and everyone NEED to stop making. Today lets talk about 7 excuses to stop making TODAY!

excuses to stop making

7 Excuses To Stop Making

I don’t have enough time: This to me is the one I feel like I say the most and the one I hear the most from others. It really can go to anything. From exercise to starting a new class to attending a book club. Listen, we all have busy lives. It’s not so much a matter of not having time, but prioritizing. Do you spend 3 hours a day scrolling through Instagram? Could that be used to something else? Could you do laundry on a weekend so you can attend a workout class during the week?  Just remember when you say you don’t have enough time how are you prioritizing?

I’m not a morning person: Umm listen I may be one of the only true morning people I know! I have an entire post on how to become a morning person here. Even if you aren’t a morning person just be positive about how much you COULD get done! If you don’t have enough time maybe some of that time could be found in the morning!

That workout class looks too hard: Been there, done that. I remember being intimidated by barre classes. I thought there is no way! 7 years later I have taken over 300! You just have to remember that most people in there aren’t going to be paying attention to you. Even if it’s hard you should still try it! I always try to think what would I tell my child if he said “but it’s too hard.” TRY!

I don’t have anyone to go with: Umm go alone? Movies? Go alone! A new restaurant? Go alone! Shopping? For sure go alone! Favorite band? Go alone! Travel?? YOU need to at least once travel alone! There is NOTHING I can think of you can’t do alone!

I don’t know where to start: If everyone who is anyone said that and went by it, where would our world be? If you don’t know where to start ask for help. Go online and do research. Get a mentor. Talk it out with friends or loved ones. But start!

I wouldn’t be any good at it: I hate when I hear people say this. Of course there are things some of us are better at than others, but you will never know if you don’t try. So take that negative self talk and kick it to the curb! You got this!

Oh I can’t pull that off: This is me all the time. I see something cute or that I love but think  “nah I can’t pull that off.” Still try it! Worst case, you really can’t pull it off. But darling, that’s what dressing rooms and return policies are for!

These 7 excuses to stop making are the most common ones I hear from friends and people online.

What is one excuse you NEED to stop making?

1. I found a gym that I enjoy with childcare, and now I feel like it is an essential part of our morning routine!

Published 10.13.17
  2. Definitely things we should all focus on NOT doing, especially with the “I don’t have time.”

Published 10.13.17
  3. Alexa wrote:

love this! The “I don’t have time” is probably the most common one I hear (and I even do it sometimes too lol) but we totally do have time, we just need to find it! I would also say I’m a morning person–not a 6am person–but when I wake up in the morning I’m ready to get the day started.

Published 10.13.17
  4. Catherine Sargent wrote:

That I don’t have the time. I am really bad about putting off exercise and doing other things instead.

Published 10.13.17
  5. Liz Mays wrote:

There’s so much we can do when we stop limiting ourselves! Self-doubt can really get in the way of things.

Published 10.13.17
  6. Trish wrote:

I love this! I am guilty of making the “not a morning person” excuse” and I really need to stop that one!

Published 10.13.17
  7. Jenny wrote:

I am so guilty of 90% of these excuses!! It can be so hard to get started into a work out routine!

Published 10.13.17
  8. I’m totally not a morning person, and that is totally not an excuse lol. I do get exercise throughout the day by chasing my kids around and lugging heavy laundry baskets up and down the steps! Getting moving every day is so important.

Published 10.13.17
  9. Brandy wrote:

Haha I am famous on I don’t have anyone to go with. Due to the anxiety I have, sometimes it’s literally painful to try to go anywhere by myself, especially somewhere new. I push through it but some times I just let that excuse fly.

Published 10.14.17
  10. Jessy wrote:

I hear the “I don’t have enough time” excuse all the time! Like you said, it’s all about priorities!

Published 10.14.17
  11. It really is important that we stop making excuses like these. WE totally need to make sure that we are prepared and don’t tell ourselves we “can’t” do something.

Published 10.14.17
  12. jamie wrote:

Ha ha, you left a couple out… I hate working out, or another of my faves, I just did my hair!

Published 10.14.17
  13. I’ve never been a morning person but I always make sure to greet others in the morning and to be positive. I think when most people say that, they mean that it’s probably not their favorite time of the day.

Published 10.15.17
  14. Definitely try things on your own! Having no one else to go with is such a bad excuse. I’ve travelled solo before because no one else was free, and it was the best experience of my life.

Published 10.16.17
  15. im always nervous talking in front of the camera as in instagram stories or such…but lately i have been trying to do more and its gotten easier!

Published 10.16.17
    • ME too! I hate hate hate being in front of the camera!

Published 10.16.17