Having two young kids, demanding jobs, and TONS going on it can be hard to think of a date night idea. Andrew and I have really tried to be better about making time for dates not just out of the house but at home ones as well! If you are like us coming up with what to do is half the battle. So here are 8 easy date night ideas for when you feel stuck!
8 Easy Date Night Ideas
- Make dinner together: Probably one of my favorite things to do with Andrew. It helps when we both aren’t exhausted from work and wrangling a toddler. Cooking together is so fun. Put on some music and really enjoy that time together. Bonus* Take a cooking class together!
- Go to a concert in the park: Dallas has a place called The Arboretum and they have weekly concerts outdoors. You can bring a blanket, wine, food, etc and really just enjoy being outside. Look in your area to see if something similar exists.
- Explore a new restaurant/neighborhood: I had a goal on my 101 in 1001 list to try 10 new restaurants and we’ve gone well beyond that. It’s such a fun thing to do especially if you live in a city where new places are opening weekly! Another fun thing to do is try a new restaurant in a neighborhood/area you’ve never been to and explore the entire area. Maybe grab drinks or dessert somewhere else!
- Step outside your comfort zone: This can mean so many different things. Go skydiving maybe or take a trapeze class. Maybe try a new workout class together, or go on a hike. Something out of the ordinary for you both.
- Have a movie night: Nothing like a good ol fashioned movie night. Pile up the blankets and pillows, pick a few favorites, or some new movies, and pop some popcorn. Then snuggle up and watch the movies and put your phones somewhere else.
- Play board games/do a puzzle: I love to play board games, Andrew not as much. I think it’s because I always win haha! But we also love to do puzzles together. We always have so much fun working on a puzzle.
- Exercise: Go for a walk, a hike, take a workout class, go for a swim, go kayaking, paddle boarding etc. Something outdoors and active. Being active together is always a fun thing to do!
- Have fancy drinks: I love to go to bars (low key ones) and order fancy drinks. That can honestly be the perfect date night. It’s quick, easy, and fun! Plus you get to dress up!
It’s so important to continually date your spouse and these ideas are some of our go to favorite things to do!
What would you add to this list of easy date night ideas?
This post was originally published in 2019 but has been updated for 2022.