The holidays are truly my favorite times to have date nights. We love so much about the holidays that I think it makes every single date magical. If you want to have your own amazing holiday date I have rounded up 11 amazing holiday date ideas!
11 Amazing Holiday Date Ideas
- Drive around and look at Christmas Lights: This is one of our favorite things to do! We love to go just us but we also love taking the kids too!
- Go Christmas Shopping: Not as glamorous but maybe it is? If you are someone who loves to shop in person this could be a fun way to knock so gift ideas off your list!
- Go Ice Skating: I love to ice skate but Andrew isn’t a huge fan. If you both like to ice skate this is such a fun date night.
- Go see a holiday movie: So many holiday movies come out this time of year and it’s such a great date to get a warm drink and see a holiday movie. We have a theater in Dallas that plays old movies for quote-alongs too so going to see Home Alone is one of our favs.
- Go on a fancy dinner date: We did this last year and it was such a great time. The restaurant was decorated for the holidays and being so chilly it felt very romantic. We have one planned in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait!
- See a holiday performance: Six years ago when I was VERY pregnant with Liam we went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra and it was MAGICAL! There is no shortage of holiday performances though.
- Have an at-home movie marathon: Get all snuggly, pop some popcorn, light a holiday candle, and cuddle up to watch holiday movies together.
- Taking a holiday-themed cooking class: SO many cooking schools offer holiday-themed cooking classes and I think this would be such a fun date night.
- Take a carriage ride to look at lights: We did this 5 years ago and are actually taking our kids on one this year!
- Go to a Christmas village: I haven’t been to one in years but they are so fun and cute.
- Go to a tree lighting: I’m sure your city or town has a tree lighting-go to it! It will get you in the holiday mood.
Do you like to go do fun holiday dates with your significant other? If so let me know which one of these you’ve done!
What is one of your favorite holiday date night ideas?
This post was published in 2019 and has been updated for 2022.
These are such great ideas, Neely! I’ve signed up for a few holiday-themed classes already actually, haha! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
These are great date night ideas! I love driving round looking at all the Christmas lights… and we are going to a Christmas village this weekend, which I’m really looking forward to.
Holiday Christmas lights are my fav! I’ve told my boyfriend a few times already I wanna go walk around some neighborhoods.
We are hoping to do some special stuff this Christmas! Thanks for the ideas! I love that you included some free options as well.
We absolutely love to drive around admiring Christmas lights. There are some streets that go all out!
I like that idea of driving around and looking at Christmas lights. There is a residential village near us that really go all out decorating their homes with Christmas lights. I think we can give this date idea a try!
Such great date ideas! Love the holiday season!
Well, we are doing a few of these! My husband and I are watching through all of the Star Wars movies in anticipation of our upcoming date to see the new Star Wars movie. It’s a quad date with friends, but no kids allowed! We will walk around the neighborhood on Christmas Eve to look at the lights as a family.
We haven’t made enough of an effort to get out on dates. These all sound like so much fun! I love the idea of getting out during the holidays.
There are some really good ideas here. We like to go to York Christmas markets so festive xx
I’ve skating and Christmas lights sound like a perfect date night to me! I’ll need to plan a night out with my husband soon.
Oh, dinner and a movie sounds dreamy any night of the year!But yep, holiday light-seeing, movie marathons, and performances, check check check!
There are a lot of pop up Christmas shops which are fun too. I love looking at lights!
I love this date ideas, Some ideas are so cute. Thanks for sharing!
I love driving around and looking for different Christmas lights decors. Aside from that, I also preferred to stay at home and have a movie marathon with my husband.
Love the Christmas village and cooking idea!
I love this list! Thank you so much for sharing!
I love having a movie marathon with my partner. We still have a long list of movies to watch
These are all great ideas. We are planning on seeing a holiday performance this year. I know the pandemic robbed us from seeing performances or concerts but things are getting back to normal
I love all your date ideas. Going to a fancy dinner from time to time sounds great and romantic
It’s fun to do Christmas things together. I can’t wait to go drive around and look at lights.
The Christmas boat parade is one of my favorite date nights for this time of year.
We haven’t taken much time for date nights, and it would be fun to do some of these. It is nice to have some ideas for ways to spend time together.
I’ve done a carriage ride and it’s so romantic!
Love, love, love these ideas! They’re simple yet effective and romantic. Thanks for sharing!
Great list of ideas to see and do this Holidays season. This year we’re planning a holiday cook-together evening. I can’t wait; it should be fun. Thanks for sharing!
Love checking out all the pretty Christmas lights!
Great ideas! It makes me want to create a bucket list for December. I have always wanted to take a carriage/sleigh ride in the snow like the Hallmark movies haha.
I love these ideas! My husband and I will look for a themed cookie making class. I’ve never heard of that thank you for writing this.