The holidays are truly my favorite times to have date nights. We love so much about the holidays that I think it makes every single date magical. If you want to have your own amazing holiday date I have rounded up 11 amazing holiday date ideas!
11 Amazing Holiday Date Ideas
- Drive around and look at Christmas Lights: This is one of our favorite things to do! We love to go just us but we also loved taking Liam the last 2 years.
- Go Christmas Shopping: Not as glamorous but maybe it is? If you are someone who loves to shop in person this could be a fun way to knock so gift ideas off your list!
- Go Ice Skating: I love to ice skate but Andrew isn’t a huge fan. If you both like to ice skate this is such a fun date night.
- Go see a holiday movie: So many holiday movies come out this time of year and it’s such a great date to get a warm drink and see a holiday movie. We have a theater in Dallas that plays old movies for quote-alongs too so going to see Home Alone is one of our favs.
- Go on a fancy dinner date: We did this last year and it was such a great time. The restaurant was decorated for the holidays and being so chilly it felt very romantic.
- See a holiday performance: Three years ago when I was VERY pregnant with Liam we went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra and it was MAGICAL! There is no shortage of holiday performances though.
- Have an at-home movie marathon: Get all snuggly, pop some popcorn, light a holiday candle and cuddle up to watch holiday movies together.
- Taking a holiday-themed cooking class: SO many cooking schools offer holiday-themed cooking classes and I think this would be such a fun date night.
- Take a carriage ride to look at lights: We did this 4 years ago and while I don’t know if it was super worth the money it was fun!
- Go to a Christmas village: I haven’t been to one in years but they are so fun and cute.
- Go to a tree lighting: I’m sure your city or town has a tree lighting-go to it! It will get you in the holiday mood.
Do you like to go do fun holiday dates with your significant other? If so let me know which one of these you’ve done!
What is one of your favorite holiday date night ideas?
This post was published in 2019 and has been updated for 2021