9.24.18 16

How We Keep Our Life Organized Digitally

I feel like organization has become so much easier as the digital age continues to grow. Our lives have gotten increasingly busier as we’ve had a baby, my business has grown, and Liam has started to have activities. So I want to share with you guys how we keep our life organized digitally just in case anyone needs some tips!

How We Keep Our Life Organized Digitally

Shared Calendar: The most important thing we do is share a Google calendar. That way no matter how busy we get or if one of us needs to make an appointment we can see what’s going on that day. I make most of Liam’s appointments, haircuts, etc and knowing what Andrew has going on and what I have going on is so helpful. I also volunteer at Liam’s school so being able to schedule that in so we can all see where we are going be each day really makes a difference. This way there is no arguing about what we are doing this weekend, or one of us can take Liam here or there. We know!

Google Drive: I organize basically EVERYTHING for my blog in here. Finances, editorial calendar, all my photos back up here, anything that involves my blog is here! We also keep our finances organized here. All of our recurring bills, upcoming plans, etc. We use Google Drive to plan trips, and keep anything for Liam organized. We also have all important documents saved here.

Meal Planning: We do this in our Google Calendar and I can’t tell you how much money we have saved and how much food we have stopped wasting. It also helps when we go to make our grocery list and there is no last minutes “what do you want for dinner tonight” arguments.

Checking In: Each night we try to check in on the next day, look at our calendar, and make sure we are on the same page. A simple text reminder of “hey I’m about to jump on this call” or “don’t forget Liam’s haircut tonight.” Those help too!

Shared Grocery List: We use an app called Todoist. We connected it to our Alexa (more on that below) and we both have the apps on our phone. That way if one of us happens to be at a grocery store, Target, etc we can check and see what anyone needs.

Alexa: The Alexa is great for reminders (Alexa remind me tomorrow at noon to make muffins) or timers (Alexa set a timer for 20 minutes) it’s also great to add to a grocery list or to do list. You can use theirs or connect apps like what I mentioned above! Super helpful when holding a screaming toddler but still needing to add things to a list!

Like i said this is how we keep our life organized digitally. These things have saved time, money, and arguments! I would love to know what you do differently.

1. The shared Google calendar idea is so good! My workplace uses it and when I start a family of my own, I definitely see it becoming a part of the planning. Thank you for the tips! 🙂

Published 9.24.18
  2. Emily wrote:

This is great! I’m a very organized person and my boyfriend is not. I’m hoping we can use some of these tips to organize both of our lives!

Published 9.24.18
  3. Sean Ealy wrote:

I love the idea of meal planning on google or another shared platform. Great tips!

Published 9.24.18
  4. Savannah wrote:

My husband and I starting using Google Drive together for EVERYTHING! It’s soo helpful to be able to access it everywhere from any device. I think we need to look into the calendar next – because I thrive on being organized!

Published 9.24.18
  5. lauren wrote:

I have never thought of a shared google calendar – that is SUCH a good idea. Definitely recommending this to my husband for us to be more organized xx

Published 9.24.18
  6. Definitely sound like you have things well organized. I really love using Google Drive for my blog!

Published 9.24.18
  7. Marielle wrote:

Wow, I would love to be this organized. Thanks for the tips!

Published 9.24.18
  8. Great suggestions! I always waver between digital and post it notes. Maybe Alexa is the key to give up the notes.

Published 9.24.18
  9. Ashley wrote:

Yes, I just discovered Google calendar and it has literally changed my life!
    Xo, Ashley / https://thehoneyscoop.com/5-pairs-of-cute-shoes-you-can-walk-to-class-in/

Published 9.24.18
  10. Great, organization strategies.

Published 9.24.18
  11. Great tips here! I wish I could get hubby on board with the shared calendar, but he’s a real paper guy. I tend to use Trello a lot myself, though!

Published 9.24.18
  12. Rachel wrote:

We also used the shared calendar. I haven’t been too excited to get my kids iphones because they are expensive but I probably will just for the shared calendar. We also use alexa a lot for reminders.

Published 9.25.18
  13. We’re hooked on Alexa for playing musics and telling the weather. The shared grocery list and check in apps sounds like something up my street.

Published 9.25.18
  14. Kathy wrote:

Great article. We also use a shared calendar called Cozi. It has definitely saved my sanity. I’m just starting to use todoist. I never thought of using it for grocery list making. I’ll have to try it!

Published 9.26.18
  15. Annemarie LeBlanc wrote:

These are excellent tips. I try my best to be as organized as possible and I am confident I am having some success here and there. I will pass this on to my daughter. I think she would find this article useful too.

Published 9.27.18
  16. RIYA wrote:

thanks a lot for sharing i agree with that and is an very informative thing.

Published 10.2.18