Oh goodness am I glad it’s October. October is my favorite month of the year. Our anniversary is this month and we celebrate 6 years of marriage, plus it’s just the coziest time. I can’t wait to share my October 2020 goals and also see how I did in September.
October 2020 Goals
In September I wanted to…
- Read 5 books: I read 4 this month, I had a week where I just slept more than I read
- Organize the playroom and purge items: Well, I have a little. It’s pretty tough when Liam immediately notices it.
- Continue my current health habits: Yes but I have majorly plateaued with weight and it’s been frustrating.
- Take Charlotte for walks at least 3 times a week: It’s still been a bit warm in the afternoons and it rained a bunch so we haven’t as much as I wanted.
- Have one family outing/activity every weekend: YES! We have been going for walks at the lake and to feed the ducks. We also go to the park a lot.
- Get better about meal planning for the kids: Now that they are both eating 3 meals a day (Charlotte is eating more table food). I am trying to be better about actually planning what they eat. Liam usually chooses Yogurt, cereal, or an egg muffin for breakfast. I make his lunch for school, and then we rotate through dinners we know he likes. But now with Charlotte, since she is trying more foods we are making them the same things. This is a work in progress though.
- Work on office organization: This may honestly take us years.
- Work on holiday blog content plans: Yes I have a lot of great things planned this year.
- Have at least ONE at-home date with Andrew each week: I mean we eat dinner together every night after the kids go to sleep. That counts right?
In October I want to…
- Celebrate Halloween in a fun creative way with the kids
- Visit the Arboretum
- Do the drive-thru state fair experience
- Take daily walks (as many with Charlotte as I can)
- Try to do some socially distanced play dates with the kids
- Do something fun with Liam each day just us even if it’s just playing
- Bake pumpkin muffins with Liam
- Read 4 books
- Celebrate our anniversary
- Finish holiday blog content plans
- Work on growing Pinterest more
What is one of your October 2020 goals?
I just had to look, I read 3 books in September and am halfway through two different books, so if you combine that I read 4 total books, too! But, sleep is always important. We have a trip to Colorado planned this month, plus camping for Cub Scouts, and then, of course, Halloween. So I am just hoping we can keep our heads above water at this point with so much going on. Oh, and did I mention my husband and I are both scout leaders, so we have about 15 scouts between the two of us to organize hikes, activities, and meals for in a couple of weeks!!
I can’t wait to achieve my October goals especially apply picking, celebrating Halloween, Reading awesome books.
It’s been challenging for me to set goals this year, it’s been crazy! But I have been sticking to my fitness goals surprisingly, and I hope to continue doing that, despite the huge holidays coming up.
It is nice to read that you are aiming to do more walks and been feeding the ducks too x
These are some awesome goals to have! I know I always want to read more books than I free time but I’d love to read more! Good luck with your health goals and organizing your offices!
cute & little
It sounds like September was a pretty good month for you! I hope October is even more exciting and brings lots of joy. Happy anniversary in advance! 🙂
Sounds like great plans for the month! The drive-thru fair sounds great for the kids, I love that places are offering fun & unique socially-distanced experiences. Happy October!
Love these goals! Excited to hear about your drive-thru state fair experience. That sounds really interesting. My big goal for October is to spend more time outside and less time in front of a screen. 🙂
Oktober is my favorite time of the year as well :))