I have gotten several questions about if or how I am staying fit during pregnancy, and what I have been doing to keep up with my fitness goals and workout regimen. So today I am sharing what I do to stay fit and why it’s been good for me.
Staying Fit During Pregnancy
What I do:
- Barre: I try to take it once a week at my gym, and sometimes I do it at home
- Prenatal Yoga: Again once a week if I can (it’s at weird times, so some weeks it’s tough)
- Personal Training: Twice a month I meet with my personal trainer. He’s awesome at kicking my butt and he knows a lot about training women who are pregnant. I will also see him after the baby comes to get me back into fighting form haha.
- 6 Workouts A Week: Including those things, I workout at my gym 6 days a week. Sometimes 5 but usually 6. Usually for about an hour a mix of cardio and strength.
Why It helps me:
- It gets me out of the house. I work from home, and some days going to the gym is the only thing I leave the house for. If I don’t have errands, or a meeting, or lunch with a friend I tend to not need to leave, so it’s helpful for me to have that dedicated gym time.
- It will help me bounce back. There have been numerous studies that women who work out during pregnancy bounce back to their pre-baby bodies pretty easily. Done and done.
- It keeps me and the baby healthy. Working out 5-6 times a week keeps my heart healthy, my mind healthy, and my body healthy. In turn it’s keeping baby boy healthy!
- It’s a good mental escape. Pregnancy and impending childbirth stress me out. Mostly just realizing I have to give birth. Working out is such a great mental escape for me. I love putting on a podcast and escaping for an hour.
Staying fit during pregnancy is something I really wanted to be able to do. Living a healthy lifestyle is really important to me and something I hope to pass onto our kids. I don’t think my workouts are anything crazy, but they really make me feel good everyday and like I’m really keeping up with what I was doing pre pregnancy. I try to not push myself too much. Even when I’m training I speak up if I’m tired or need a break. I listen to my body. My body craves workouts, so being active is something that keeps me sane.
What is your fitness routine like?