Who doesn’t love travel? I think planning vacations may be one of my favorite things to do. Andrew and I are both huge traveling fans, and when we started dating we had our first vacation together planned before we hit the one month mark! Since we travel pretty often, I wanted to share my travel essentials that I do not think I could live without! A lot of these are warm weather specific, since you know it’s April.
- A Great Bag: I swear by Madewell totes for travel. The Transport Tote and Transport Zip Tote are my go to’s and this charcoal color is calling my name. Seriously, if you named my closet it would be called 50 shades of gray because 75% of my clothing and accessories are gray. Also BOTH Madewell Totes are on 25% off sale if you use the code INTHEFAM here
- Skincare Must Haves: When I travel my skin gets super dry. This When Travel Mask is my holy grail. I usually do one before and after a trip, and I am telling you, you can’t beat the price and the result. I also swear by the First Aid Beauty Detox Eye Roller. Not only do I use it on flights but every single morning in my non-travel life.
- Easy Basics: I discovered these soft shorts at Target before our cruise and I now own them in four colors. But what I love is you could wear them over a swimsuit to the pool. You could also wear them casually out and about or dress them up with a silk top, heels, and a great bag for a night time look. These are also great for travel because the material makes them take up hardly any space in a suit case. WIN! These basic tees from Madewell are great too. You can find them on sale a lot of the time and usually a few colors will be on sale if you go into the store. They are super versatile and I have them in six or seven colors. In fact select colors are on sale NOW! Hurry!
- Comfortable Shoes: Comfort is key for travel. Not only for city exploring, but for airports, cruise ship walking, hotel exploring, or venturing to the pool. These super cute slide on sandals from Old Navy are the best. (ON SALE NOW!) I have them in brown and black and you really can’t beat the price. Plus they are BEYOND comfy. No breaking in at all. Just easy, comfortable and stylish. I am also obsessed with Tieks. I have two pairs, light pink and navy, and I always travel with at least one. They are great all year round and because they fold and take up very little packing space.
- Keep Warm: I have to travel with a Lululemon Scarf. They are massive and they can double as a blanket on flights. Since I am always freezing on flights they are perfect. They fold easily into a carry on tote and the material is fantastic. They come in a ton of colors. This spring color combo is my current favorite.
Of course these aren’t my ONLY travel essentials. If you want to know what my carry on essentials are check this post out. I plan to share a lot more travel centered posts in the coming months so get excited and please comment below with anything you’d like to see!
What are your travel essentials?