Oh self-care. It’s everywhere right now. I have talked about it tons on the blog and I have read about it a lot as well. I honestly really love that it’s such a trend right now to focus on caring for ourselves. What a concept right? Today I am sharing 10 ways to practice daily self-care to make sure you always show yourself a little love.
10 Ways To Practice Daily Self-Care
- Meditate: This is a recent one for me. I started this in January and I have been using the Headspace app. I honestly fine it very helpful. As someone who had never meditated before it really walks you through the basics. There is a 10-day free trial. This is a great way to start your day and really get your mind right.
- Exercise: This is my biggest self-care thing I do for myself every single day. No matter what. It can be a 15 minute yoga flow or even a walk!
- Love Your Skin: Take the time to care for your skin. Not only will your skin thank you but it gives you time every day to pamper yourself a little.
- Eat Healthy: Nothing shows better self-care than filling your body with foods that are good for you!
- Drink Greens: Just like what I said above if you aren’t a big greens eater then make green smoothies daily. I honestly look forward to mine every day. I have been drinking them daily for almost 8 years! I feel like it makes a huge difference.
- Reflect: I think taking a few minutes each day to reflect, think about what you are grateful for, and think about positive things in your life really sets your mind right.
- Read: One of my favorite me time activities is to read. Even if it’s an article or something fun just try to read SOMETHING every day!
- Do One Thing You Love: The best way to practice self-care is to do things you love. Do you love to chat with friends? Watch The Bachelor? Sleep? Do SOMETHING you love!
- Work On Personal Growth: This is going to be different for everyone. For you it may be reading a book, or meditating, or really anything on this list. Do something for personal growth daily!
- Get Enough Sleep: Right up there with putting the right foods in your body getting enough sleep is key. Most people don’t get enough sleep. I don’t really feel like I do. A huge self-care activity you can do for yourself daily is to get enough sleep.
I hope this list is something you can use to practice self-care more and really put yourself first.
What is one way you practice daily self-care?