So I am THE WORST at relaxing. I know a lot of you can relate to that. You sit down with every intention of relaxing, but then you think of all the things you could be doing, or should be doing. But we all NEED to relax. It’s important to our mental health to take time to just be. So I am sharing 10 ways to relax or 10 things you can do to relax!
10 Ways To Relax
- Watch a movie: One of my favorite ways to relax is to curl up on the couch and watch a good ole fashioned chick flick! Personal favorites are: Up In The Air, Home Again, 27 Dresses, Something Borrowed, Bride Wars, Friends With Kids, and 500 Days Of Summer.
- Read a book: I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. I have tons of suggestions here if you ever need a good book.
- Do a face mask: Need some suggestions for good ones? Go here.
- Spend time outside: I love to go have patio drinks or coffee with friends. It’s so relaxing to sit outside and chat.
- Go for a walk: Who doesn’t love some fresh air? It always helps me relax. A slow leisurely walk is so nice.
- Have a glass of wine/cup of coffee: I’m a fan of a good glass of wine after a long day. Once the kids are down for the night I love relaxing with a glass of wine and a good TV show or book. I find having my morning coffee alone (rare) to be very relaxing as well.
- Take a bubble bath: I wish I was more of a bath person, but I know so many people find them relaxing.
- Journal: If you have a lot going on in your head and need to relax, try journaling!
- Meditate: Huge fan of meditating. Peloton has amazing meditations and so does Headspace!
- Bake: I personally find baking relaxing. Especially if it’s a new fun recipe!
What is something you do to relax?
This was originally posted in 2018 but has been updated for 2022.