I can’t believe we are days away from a new year. 2016 was a crazy year for us but in the best ways. We got to travel a lot, we found out we were expecting, and so much more. At the end of 2016 I wrote a post about my goals for 2016. Today I want to reflect on those, as well as share my 2017 goals.
In 2016 I wanted to…
- Read 75 books. I didn’t quite get there but I got close.
- Stop focusing on the number on the scale. I was pretty good about this until the last part of my pregnancy.
- Have more dates with Andrew. I really think we did a lot better with dates this year and I hope we can keep it up after the babe gets here.
- Write about things that scare me. I wrote more about our struggles with infertility this year and several really personal letters to myself.
- Continue to blog full time. I did this and I am so proud of how much my blog and partnerships grew this year.
- Branch out. I do feel like I branched out some but not enough.
- Travel. We did get to travel to a lot of new places including Bahamas, St Thomas, St Marteen, Santa Barbara and Laguna Beach. We had to cancel 2 trips due to my pregnancy and Zika but I am glad we got to travel as much as we did.
- Combine our home offices. BOOM! Check!
- Cook more. I did cook a lot more this year. YAY!
- More time with friends. I think I was really good about one-on-one time with friends this year and that’s what I really wanted to focus on.
- Read 50 books. With a new baby this already seems daunting.
- Continue to blog full time. Again with a new baby I really hope I can grow my blog even more than I did this year.
- Lose baby weight in a healthy way and keep up with it.
- Focus on health more than a number and make sure we are all eating healthy.
- Spend quality time with Andrew and really focus on our relationship. I know that having a baby changes things in marriages so we really want to keep up with dates and spending time together.
- Go on at least 2 trips with Andrew and baby boy.
- Get a few house projects done that we’ve been wanting to do.
- Continue to be more financially aware of spending.
I would love to know what some of your 2017 Goals are!