I recently read this post on one of my favorite blogs and drew inspiration from it! Today I am 35! That number seemed so far away once. 30 seemed so far away once, and here we are 5 years later. Older, a little wiser, a lot more tired! But today instead of necessarily reflecting on the years, I am going to share 35 essentials at 35 years I think are both fun and necessary! Some are splurges, some are actual things I can’t live without, and some are just FUN!
35 Essentials At 35 Years
1.-3. Facemasks! I am a firm believer in skincare. I think it’s one of the MOST important things we can do for ourselves. I would hate to look back 10 years from now and wish I had started then. I have so many it’s borderline ridiculous, but alas it is my job. My favorites are this one from Tata Harper, this one from first aid beauty, these eye patches (they count) from Peter Thomas Roth.
4. This trench/raincoat I absolutely splurged on. I got my 2nd hand on Poshmark but I am obsessed. It’s classic and will never go out of style so I think it’s worth the price tag.
5. Diamond studs (or faux diamond). Andrew upgraded mine when we had Liam as a gift and I love remembering that sweet time with our sweet newborn when I wear them. (great option)
6. Jeans you feel great in. My favorites are from Madewell. They are SO flattering and I am not even a jeans person.
7. Slippers that you love.
11. AirPods. I honestly didn’t think I would love them as much as I do but they are the best.
12-15 Handbags. A classic tote style handbag that you will still love 6 years later. I got this 6 years ago and still wear it nonstop! A crossbody handbag that never goes out of style. An everyday tote with a monogram. A splurge handbag that you hope doesn’t’ go out of style because you love it hard.
16. THE BEST LEGGINGS EVER.
17. A bronzer that is 100% worth the price tag.
18. A bronzer that is more budget friendly but just as good.
21. A puffer coat for the colder days.
22. Super luxe pajamas that make you feel incredible.
23. Silk pillowcase worth it!
24. Scrunchies also silk also worth it.
25. The best joggers for home and for being out and about.
26. Timeless sandals
27. What my mom refers to as “hospital shoes” — don’t care still love them.
28. A great wallet in a neutral color
29. Lipgloss that looks great and stays on and isn’t sticky
31. A razor subscription( I am obsessed-not sponsored).
32. This salad chopper which is truly life changing
33. Best yoga mat ever.
34. All time favorite vitamin face serum
35. Ride or die sunglasses.
I am spending my birthday having lunch with my mama, and dinner with my boys and there is nothing else I would rather be doing! I hope you all have a great day and enjoy my 35 essentials at 35 years!