3.6.16 13

5 Tips To Healthy Sleep

As I get older(32 next month!) I realize that sleep is important but HEALTHY good sleep is even more important. I am sharing 5 tips to healthy sleep in hopes that we can all learn a bit more about how to get those hours that will actually make us feel great the next day and not dread that alarm clock!

5-Tips-To-Healthy-Sleep-0

When in doubt use help: So not everyone can fall asleep on their own. Some of us need a little help.  Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve is a drug-free sleep aid that promotes healthy sleep patterns and a more relaxed night’s sleep. This is a product I have been using for the last week and I see a huge difference in the quality of my sleep! But it’s not addicting like some sleep aids can  be. Some of the key benefits of the Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve: it is 100% drug-free and non-habit forming  and supports an overall better sleep. It also helps regulate healthy sleep patterns and has you waking up refreshed! Plus it’s 100% vegetarian!

It also comes in another form:  Natrol Advanced Sleep Melatonin is a drug-free sleep aid that helps you fall asleep and stay asleep with a built in 2-layered time release that gives you an initial 5mg dosage to help you sleep and then releases the remaining 5mg dosage throughout your sleep to help you stay asleep. This is one Andrew tried and said it really helped him sleep better the last week!

5-Tips-To-Healthy-Sleep-1 5-Tips-To-Healthy-Sleep-2

No technology: I am awful about this. Andrew and I fall asleep with the TV on more often than we should. But I notice the nights we turn it off we both sleep better. Not to mention when I can’t fall asleep I of course go to my phone and see what’s going on, on Snapchat or Instagram. Why? Because I’m human. But guys it’s soooo bad to look at the lights of computers, TV’s, and phones right before bed. Try no technology for an hour or so before you are ready to sleep. Instead…
Journal/Read: We use our Q&A a day for couples nightly as part of our routine. We sit in bed and look at the days question, discuss and answer it. I also use my Instant Happy Journal sometimes at night if I am in a hurry in the morning. This kind of activity is great because it requires no screens. I also love reading so at night I try to read as much as I can. Even though I mostly read on my iPad there are settings to make the lighting softer and less blue.
Keep it cool: I don’t know about you guys but I can not sleep well when I am warm! I have to be a little cool especially on my face or I wake up all night. Waking up constantly is not getting healthy sleep. So we keep our house cool while we sleep. I would rather layer on blankets than be sweaty!
Make a to do list for the next day: A major cause of anxiety at night and not being able to sleep is worrying. Worrying about what you have to do the next day, things that need to be done etc. Making a to do list and planning out your day releases you of those worries. You have your list and you are ready! You can get healthy sleep.

Sleep is more than just a number of hours. You can get 8 hours of sleep but if it isn’t healthy sleep it’s worthless. I hope my 5 tips to healthy sleep make your night routine and sleep a lot better!

If you want to try Natrol here is a $2 off coupon! Also make sure to check out Natrol on Pinterest Twitter Facebook

1. I really need to get better at having a more consistent sleep schedule and getting 7 to 8 hours a night. I totally break the “no technology” rule. And Melatonin has given me the most bizarre nightmares in the past!

Published 3.6.16
  2. Joanna wrote:

I like having a bath before bed. I also think thta looking at your phone like I do, before sleeping, is not a good idea.

Published 3.6.16
  3. Kim wrote:

I am currently reading a pre-release copy of Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson and it has lots of great sleep tips. I just ordered magnesium cream, which delivers magnesium straight to your bloodstream and helps with sleep. Great tips!!

Published 3.6.16
  4. Adaleta wrote:

I’ve been having a hard time sleeping lately because of stress and anxiety. I wake up in the middle of the night worried about what email I need to send first thing in the morning and sometimes I think it would be ideal if I just woke up and took care of certain things so I could have piece of mind you know? However, I know that’s NOT a good method and perhaps I’ll take some melatonin tonight. I just hate how drowsy I feel the next morning! xx adaatude.com

Published 3.6.16
  5. I needed this post today! I’ve been having the hardest time getting to sleep and having a restful sleep lately! Thanks for sharing these tips!

Published 3.6.16
  6. Bethany wrote:

I love melatonin and have used it for years!! It ALWAYS worked so well and quickly too.

Published 3.6.16
  7. I’m so bad about the whole no technology before bed thing, but I’m really getting better and I can tell the difference!

xoxo, SS

The Southern Stylista

Published 3.6.16
  8. alyssa wrote:

AI have horrible insomnia and sleep apnea and I’ve tried just about every single Rx and over the counter medicine. Even home remedies. Right now I have this thing that emits steam and essential oils which helps along with a Rx. Sleep is such fun!

Published 3.6.16
  9. Kristin wrote:

I totally have problems with sleeping (just turned 31 last week so I’m right behind ya)! I’m going to try my best to worry less. I think that’s definitely part of my sleep probs!

Published 3.6.16
  10. Siniciliya wrote:

This Melatonin is exactly what I was recommended to use! Sleep and nutrition are essential, I only feel healthy and happy when I sleep deeply, enough and wake up early.

Published 3.7.16
  11. I’m one of those people who requires a lot of sleep to function so this post is perfect, especially because as of lately, I haven’t been sleeping well and have been waking up so tired in the mornings! I love the idea of no technology. I usually fall asleep with my phone in my hand or nearby and I definitely think that’s part of the reason I haven’t been sleeping well.

LiveLifeWell,
    Allison

Published 3.7.16
  12. Heather wrote:

I’m SO grateful to be sleeping better after baby has gotten better. I’ll have to remember this when we have baby #2 one day hopefully semi-far in the future. 😉

Published 3.7.16
  13. Sara wrote:

I’m a huge believer of making sure to update my to do list before I go to bed…otherwise, I’ll lay there forever thinking about all the stuff I need to do the next day. That’s my biggest form of anxiety.

Published 3.11.16